Bani sensational

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Can anyone recall the last time he made an error?

He just keeps on getting better. His defense and attack are both high quality.

How fast is the guy when he chased down the break. A second time he was involved in a tackle that ended in an offload and a break, he got up and chased down the break. Sensational

Matabele link said:
Running past Brett Stewart is a fair effort.

I thought Stewart was going to mow him down and then Bani just went woosh. I know the guy headed away from Stewart but I still rekon Bani had Stewart covered for pace.

I reckon Snake has more speed over the first 30m but Bani looks like he takes a bit longer to hit top speed and could take Snake over 60-100m.

Stewart had that guy covered so it didn't really matter who tackled him, the better part of Bani's game was his catches under the high ball.  He was excellent on Sunday when it mattered.  With high balls being directed more and more at wingers that's the area of need, not speed so much. 

Stewart backed off once he knew Bani had him, in case of a loose ball, or support player coming up, only once Bani had him wrapped up did Stewart come into the tackle.

Smart play by both of them.

And they were both quicker than poor old Steve Bell :) but I think josh Perry might be quicker than him..

Perry went of holding what I thought was his groin.  Dis he need to piss or was he injured?

Perry hurt his groin for sure. As soon as it happened he looked for the shed. I reckon he will be out for a few weeks which is a pity as he looked good and getting better.

Stewart did not have the angle in the chase in which Bani got there first. Both very fast and that is good enough.

Yep. Went straight up into the sheds. After the game he said he'll wait on scans but that based on previous injuries he knows he'll miss a few rounds.

Thought Perry had another good game for Manly. Outshone Kite, but I still felt King was our best forward on the park. Cuthbo added a lot as well off the bench and I actually thought Bryant was fairly effective as well when he came on. Made 126 metres as a benchie... They're good stats.

The thing I love most about our back three is that they don't look like dropping a bomb. How far have we come from that game up at Suncorp a few years ago when Brett and Hicks dropped about 10 bombs between them. Now it seems like anything that goes up will be snaffled by Snake or Bani. Robbo just doesn't make mistakes either.

Perry hits the line so much harder than we have with previous forwards.

He runs until someone stops him which is different to some of the other players who run at the line and then slow just before hand.

King was definitely the best closely followed by Perry.

Agreed with the Bombs as well. I mentioned the exact same thing to my Dad and mentioned Suncorp when Snake dropped absolute sitters without pressure.

Yesterday everything that went up Stewart or Rubble were underneath them under a lot of pressure sometimes too, but never once looked shaky

I have been away and have finally seen a game. :) Nothing flash yesterday but great to see the boys in action again.

King looked the best prop to me but I don't understand his lack of game time. Does he get tired easily? He was outplaying Perry yet got yanked first.

Has Bell lost all pace or maybe he had taken a hit in a tackle but you don't usually see a centre pull up like that? I can't wait to see the other games to know who is putting in.

As for Bani - I agree that was sensational game from him for his early NRL days. He seems very safe under the high ball, can tackle and has lots of speed.

I was sitting in an awkard spot right behind the cheergirls so i couldn't have clear view did bani give away 2 penalties for not getting of the player quick enough.

He gave away one when he made the tackle after Souths made the big break, he was lucky not to get put in the bin for 10 actually.

I really thought he didn't actually hold down in that tackle for long at all. It was just a natural reaction penalty from the ref. He got up a lot faster than most of the other play the ball's across the park.

It didn't matter in the end though

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
I was sitting in an awkard spot right behind the cheergirls so i couldn't have clear view did bani give away 2 penalties for not getting of the player quick enough.

Awkward ??? Haha, i would see bugger all of the game from that seat

Dan, you wouldn't have heard this i presume, on the Ch9 commentary Bani was called "Rubble" when he returned the ball out from the ingoal, by Voss i think it was

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4