Bani off to the Cowboys?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
The premiers are locked in contract talks with captain Matt Orford as well as international wingers David Williams and Michael Robertson, and young forward Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

While Williams and Robertson are expected to remain, the Sea Eagles have begun to free-up money under the salary cap for Orford and Waerea-Hargreaves by offering winger Michael Bani to North Queensland for the next two seasons.

Bani, who has two years remaining on his existing deal, is due to receive $150,000 in 2010 and $170,000 in 2011. While its unlikely the Cowboys would pay his entire contract, they could take Bani if the Sea Eagles agree to pay part of the bill.

Even then that may not be enough to keep Orford and Waerea-Hargreaves. Orford will almost certainly have to take a pay cut to stay at Brookvale.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25523986-5012431,00.html

Well if saving say 100K on Bani meant we could keep the above mentioned four than i am all for it

Tell the cowboys that we will throw in Morewood and Nuewman as well. 

Less than 150k it would seem, if we're set to pay him 150 next year and 170 the year after that.

I think keeping a bloke like JWH is more important than Bani, but I won't be happy to see Mick go.

We haven't seen his best this year. He's not fit, and has been a bit gun-shy protecting his shoulder - but he's kept playing because we've had so many injuries in the outside backs. I've got no doubt he'll be a very good first grade winger. But Manly are balancing the salary cap, and there will be casualties. He'd be a good fit at Townsville as well. Closer to his family for starters.

Remember that Bani had his contract upgraded when he was playing good footy and before the Wolfman came onto the scene. He was our #2 winger behind Robbo for a while there!!

I'm shocked that Bani is on so much money.  Just who figures out how much everyone is worth?

DSM5 link said:
I'm shocked that Bani is on so much money.  Just who figures out how much everyone is worth?

He burst on the scene a few years ago and was an instant hit. Manly had to sign hin at the times because there were about 5 clubs after him. Unfortunately we had to pay overs.

I liked dugong muncher but someone has to go and well.....his performances have been.....

Ox needs to show some Anzac spirit and take a pay cut commensurate with the sum required to keep the Kiwi.

DSM5 link said:
Take a pay cut or get boned little man.

Given our situation this year I am now quite OK with any decision to move onto a new era without the Ox. If we have a quick rebound phase it might be for the best and we can keep more of the future kids.

Some might question his bang for buck, but he has been an instrumental team member of a premiership winning team, DSM. You cant deny him that.

no one can deny that.

There were plenty that were instrumental in getting that premiership, a few who didnt play in the grand final and a couple who were not even at the club anymore.

We must keep the likes of David Williams, Michael Robertson, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and the young guns in our Toyota Cup side at the Club.

And as for Bani which most of us like and would like to see him stay at the Club but if it means letting him go to the cowgirls to increase our chances to retain the likes of JWH, Williams etc.. then I'm all for it.

I'm a fan of Orford and he has played his part in helping us win our 7th title but if he wants to remain at the Club he needs to take a pay cut or he may need to move on after all he is 31 years of age and Rugby League is a business and he should know that.

Matty was one of the guys who got us there in 2008, and good for him for being part of the team.  He didn't WIN it for us.  He also got a Dally M out of the club. Don't forget he has been well rewarded for his efforts.  Now for the future and in my opinion if he wants to stay a pay cut would be appropriate. 

DSM5 link said:
Matty was one of the guys who got us there in 2008, and good for him for being part of the team.  He didn't WIN it for us.  He also got a Dally M out of the club. Don't forget he has been well rewarded for his efforts.  Now for the future and in my opinion if he wants to stay a pay cut would be appropriate. 

Agree DSM5 - If Orford wants to remain at the Club he needs to take a pay cut his on what 500k a season ? if so cut it by half.

I don't know what all this talk about Jared is as I have posted before he is gone,why mayer is more concerned with keeping his job we are losing our best young forward.If mayer is the best exec we have ever had why has he got a winger like bani on so much cash,when wingers of his ability are easy to pick up and a lot cheaper

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6