Ballin, good enough?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Is it good enough to pass the ball 100% from dummy half, have solid defence and rarely miss tackles?

He doesn't offer much in attack. Surely he could of tried a few skoots in the 2nd half against the panthers forwards. In an attempt to create something. Off cause if the forwards were decent and DCE did his job. His deficiency's wouldn't be as noticeable.

I'd like to see Liam have a go from the bench when keiron comes back.

I've been very impressed with Ballin this year and I know he has featured in 3, 2, 1 selections throughout the year. I also think he has plenty to offer for at least 3 more seasons.

He plays the same every week. 50 tackles and 100% dummy half passes and no variety. When the rest of the team play well it is adequate. When we play like **** then it isn't good enough.

I have given up now on Ballin adding any sort of attacking flair and a running game now, is too far through his career

What he does, he does very well though. If he had an Isaac Luke or Robbie Farah type of running game he would be talked about as top 2-3 hookers in the game easily

byso said:
But is he playing as well as he did in 2008?

2008 is a different scenario as he would do his role as good as always, but we had L'Estrange to come on and provide 30-35 mins of spark and up the tempo

I think this is why LFoz will be in our full strength squad.
Another thing is why we don't use the Storm play (smith to cronk back on the inside to slater) but instead of using Snake use Tafua/Wolfie or Whare as battering rams

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uchzko

Second best Hooker in the game today. Apart from Cameron Smith (who I despise), I wouldn't change him for anyone.

Ballin is one classy machine.

The only thing Ballin doesnt have going for him is a running game which is probably due to lack of speed. Poor bastard runs like a sloth. Other than that he's a Brilliant hooker!!

Napper said:
The only thing Ballin doesnt have going for him is a running game which is probably due to lack of speed. Poor bastard runs like a sloth. Other than that he's a Brilliant hooker!!

Bull, sorry.

He's made clean breaks two weeks straight.

To me this year Ballin has actually looked sharper out of dummy half when he has decided to run it----but i do agree it's not his strong point. Ballin has to offer more than stand and deliver but if we are not rolling forward this impacts and limits his options also in this facet of the game.

Ballin is not the problem and is a class act.

Technical Coach said:
To me this year Ballin has actually looked sharper out of dummy half when he has decided to run it----but i do agree it's not his strong point. Ballin has to offer more than stand and deliver but if we are not rolling forward this impacts and limits his options also in this facet of the game.

Where have you been !! I've missed your posts and input mate !!

Technical Coach said:

He's far from the problem. I said in another thread without him snake and joe in defence today we'd have been belted by 50.

Ryan said:
Technical Coach said:

Where have you been !! I've missed your posts and input mate !!

Been lurking but a combination of lack of interest and a workplace hand injury have kept this jibberer on the sidelines.

It's a looooong season i have to pace myself lol or i will have no subject matter for the back end of the season when it counts.

Shoe1 said:
Did you enjoy the left to right passing in the try to beat the broncs?

Actually the deliveries were too slow in some of those passes we just had numbers---could have been better but obviously good enough---but not as crisp as i would like.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4