Backflips, Loyalty and Utter Bull****.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I cant for the life of me understand all of the bull**** being thrown about towards manly club and DCE. I agree it was handled poorly and in hindsight i really hope the clib learns alot from these negotiations. Hes our junior we developed him. we brought him through the 20's paid him to play nsw and q cup. developed him into an international and the quality first grader he is.

How many league stars remained loyal during super league? How many had contracts and then went to a rival organisation that nearly tore the game in two. There have been plenty of people that have signed contracts and decided to change there mind. Never have we seen this much bull****, all it can be likened to is the manly loading. Because hes from manly and it would have crippled our team they applauded it. now its not happening hes hittler reincarnated.

Its now time for the penns and joe kelly to start changing the attitude of league fans towards our team. We arent the silvertails of old, that tore apart rival teams to keep us strong. we are now a professional club with a big junior nursery to grow and develop our players. Lets get more positive news going about our club and rebuild this image. i have taken a hammering over dce and his decision, but have argued till i was blue in the face with titans fans. They will get over it, Sandow will be the messiah up here, until the club folds and they move to become the Brisbane bombers or Ipswich bid team.

I support the greatest team in the nrl and wouldnt have it any other way. lets continue to build this clubs future and make it strong for the next 50 years. Lets see the clubs 10 year plan. where do they want to be in 10 years? upgraded training facilities, how many teams have centre of excellences? investing in junior pathways for the next crop of young superstars. invest in the manly juniors spread it out and claim all of the norths sydney area. Brookvale oval, secure that for the future, get this plan moving. Hammer baird hammer abbott. get this public trust moving and piss the warringah shire council out of the equation. give the loyal fans on the north shore what they deserve. Reward our loyalty to this team and bring on the next generation of success for this mighty club that we love.

Love your enthusiasm Rhino and agree with the thrust of your argument.

However if I can be pedantic for a moment:

1. DCE is not a Manly junior.
2. Manly-Warringah (by and large) has been a very professionally run club. Eight first grade premierships and 11 times as first grade runner's-up, spread across every decade from the 1950s onwards, is testament to that.
3. We don't have an enormous junior league. It's not tiny, however it doesn't compare to say Penrith's or Parramatta's.
4. And the team is based on the Northern Beaches, not the North Shore. Although of course we do have numerous fans living on the latter. :)

We arent the silvertails of old, that tore apart rival teams to keep us strong. we are now a professional club with a big junior nursery to grow and develop our players.
Don't buy the argument that the Silvertails of old acted in any way inappropriately. They were professional in the extreme.

Every team tried to buy the best, no matter who they played for. There was no salary cap. St George's 11 straight premierships were built on ruthlessly buying the best. At the same time Wests tried to do exactly the same, with the same ruthlessness - only a little less successfully.

The reason for the Silvertails hatred is jealousy, pure and simple. Manly were simply more successful at doing what every other team tried their very best to do, and desperately wanted to do.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
As a reply to those points terry.

1: Cherry was playing 20's reserve grade and now first grade for the club. Hes now technically classed as a manly junior in regards to years of service as we developed him through our 20's system and brought him into grade. therefore on a technicality even though hes not a manly born junior, we still invested the money over the last 8 or so seasons to develop him into who and what he is today.

2: we up until recently and still by some have been considered a basket case most likely only second to paramatta. we have had avos between board members, leaks feeding agendas to different newspapers and media outlets, destabilisation between board and player level. how we have managed to succeed through this is no mean feet. imagine how far we could go if everyone was united in the same direction. take souths for instance. were a basket case, now arguably one of the most professionally run and profitable clubs and now have a premiership and numerous other trophies in ther cabinet to show. as the old movie quote says " build it and they will come" get a vision get everyone on board and build for the future.

3. no our junior nursery isnt large but if we push into all of that vacant bears stuff thats there we can double the size of what we have. norths have technically given it to us when we merged anyway, now we need to go and put some much needed funds into those junior clubs, and help them groom manly juiniors for the future. the roosters have pushed into the central coast already. if we dont grab what we can it will soon be forever lost. parra and western sydney are huge growing cities, no where will compare to them.

4:meant to say northern beaches so got nothing on that point :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
cherry is a star, a half back star so he was always going to be news but to be honest the blood letting over cherries backflip is amazing considering it is just another contract not being honored in the nrl. its been many a year since a contract was worth the paper it was written on. its a laughing stock. every year all clubs including the titans will off load a player they paid overs for, let some retire, go to the uk to assist in their bottom line. Always for family reasons, or personal reasons but always because the club realises they could spend the money better.

some clubs have even been accused of dumping players to reggies as to ensure they dont get enough first grade games to invoke extra payments to buy more players. i believe this its called the fui fui clause

the club mantra has always been its no use keeping a player if he doesnt want to be here. see ya choc, see ya keiran.

but isnt that what has just happened to DCE. are the titans not better off paying big money for a player that doesnt want to be there.

why is this cherries issue when essentially its just another **** rule introduced by the NRL, untested rubbish.why isnt the person responsible apolagising to the tits

yeah its news, yeah i feels sorry for the tits but geez , lay of Daly , he isnt contesting the draft, sitting out a season, signing with a rebel competition he is just doing what he is entitled to do under guidelines introduced by the NRL for all clubs. When the coaches get together annually was this issue even raised. Was its supported or were teams that had been duped just whingers

move on peoples , nothing to see here, this is just the way it is in the NRL. .

Hey JBB/James, I love your posts when I actually read them. Only problem is they are normally so long I don't have time to stop and read all the way through. On the occasions I have I normally agree with you, so I'll do a Shorten here and agree with you without taking the 30 minutes out to read it. :rolleyes:

i havnt had a job in 9 years Ralphie. im a stay home dad with one kid in school. I have plenty of time thus my long posts i suppose. Im almost nearly bald , thats why i have so much more time than stay at home mums.next long post ill try to make into a mini series rather than movie length and deliver it in stages

and in conlusion Ralphie. i think you are too busy and need to stop and smell the roses, and dine out on some of my waffle

I cant believe people are saying this is the biggest dog act in the NRL, well then i must have missed the part where stomping a guys head in or bashing your girlfriend/wife isnt worse than backing out of a deal. Stupid world we live in. Its a contract get over it

Agree with your post. I posted earlier about showing some respect to Titans fans, in the face of some the gloating semi abusive posts on here. In my book winning ugly is as bad as losing. We would be howling if another player had done the same to us.

In terms of sympathy for the Titans as a club, I don't have any based on the arguments you have made. We developed DCE and gave him the opportunities that have made him the player he is. Snatching him with a cheque book and then have him change his mind for the same reason doesnt automatically give the Titan's martyre status.

I agree the media frenzy is insane. He has decided to stay at the club that made him what he is today for personal reasons. And a very generous long term offer. He should be applauded. Tbh it's only a few who are having a go at him - Kent and rothfield. Brandy I kin etc are supporting him.

Titans simply need to stop announcing signing players. Anyone remember the Jamie Lyon fiasco of a couple of seasons ago? ;)

I cant believe people are saying this is the biggest dog act in the NRL, well then i must have missed the part where stomping a guys head in or bashing your girlfriend/wife isnt worse than backing out of a deal. Stupid world we live in. Its a contract get over it
Sonny bill did a pretty large dog act to the dogs lol

Last edited:
He's been here since he was 17. Had no offers nth of the border. We helped him develop to an international. He's manly through and through for mine.

Speaking of utter bull****, if you want a laugh, head over to the One Eyed Eel forum where the poor old Parra fans are trying to convince thelseves that Foran for about the same money as DCE is the better half to get...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4