Back row options now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Well with the injury to gift.... what are some back row options, apart from jamie.... which is the most likely.

Same options we had before Gift was out, less one.

Horo played RHS or LHS at Parra ??

Joe up the middle (13), Watmough left, Horo Right

Or buhrer left, watmough middle, horo right

I think horo once got 2 tries against us on the right, but he may have been a centre then?

c eagle said:
Well with the injury to gift.... what are some back row options, apart from jamie.... which is the most likely.

jamie who, surely you don't mean lyon?

you mean burher...
silly me

One more back row injury and it will be tough.Lawrence is very quick and agile and plays up tempo - I would be starting with him playing as tight second rower,running choc and horo wider each side and keep Buhrer on the bench.Faoso and porky/joe as the prop rotation with Kane Lawton also off the bench.

Chee Kam(if he is fit) will surely get a run this year.Other than buhrer and joe thats about it in the backrow in terms of experience.Second row and outside backs are a worry depth wise.

Having Stewart out is irreplacable, however, it is actually an opportunity for someone to step up & I think Chee Kam will be the 1.
In saying that the starting backrow will likely be an experienced trio between Watmough, Buhrer, Joe, Horo, Fa'aso with Chee Kam off the bench.
Just feel chee Kam will make his mark enough to retain his spot by mid season.

Chee Kam will have to get over his own knee injury first. He tweeted today how he was happy to start running for the first time. I'm not sure he would be ready to just be thrown out there in week 1. A left field choice for the bench could be Jesse Sene Lefao. He Is a big rangy kid who I think showed some promise in the trial.

Horro will get a start Faoso and Joe can play there at a pinch and Buhrer won't let us down. Then there is Chee Kam and the young kid from the sharks and esi tonga might go alright pushed in closer with a rocket up him. Love the tele article saying we are short on back row options when our most likely response is to bring a bloke with origin experience off the bench and into the starting back row.

Skinner played a fair bit of lock in NSW Cup last year too.

Not great options or anything, but we have some.

Joe and Richie are more front rowers, but can play out wider if needs be.

Joe G can do anything I'm sure of it but he might be better off the bench as cover for props and back row. The big adjustment will be replacing two 80min players in Glen and trex with 60min players ( I know the trex value argument). It might take some getting used to.

I hope they give Skinner a chance, he did well before he got injured last year. The Telegraph's full of crap, we have plenty of depth, it's just no-one has paid much attention to our signings.

Well theyre saying he will miss 6 weeks (10 weeks recovery). may recover faster/slower.

I assume they will get a younger player to cover and keep the ballin/bruher combo.

Lawrence, Chee Kam and Horo are the clear favourites IMO. This is assuming that Buhrer is already starting in the 2nd row.

Without starting another thread,
Did you see T.rex post dogs game interview?
When asked was Des said of his performance,
"Des was real blunt with me..."
I guessed this would be the case, Des will crack the whip & not let the big fella stand idol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4