Back in the 8 baby!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

LittleSnake

Super Sub
Worries have 2nd place Squeels and the titties are up against the 3rd place ramble/cheats. A win against last years spooners should get us back in the fight for the first time since 2017. WERE BACK BABY!

Screenshot_20210513-180338.png

It seems to me that the Eels get an easy run, particularly through the season start, every year.
Ide take our run home over the eels easy start... pretty sure over the next 15 rounds we play one of the top teams only 3 times (2 eels and storm)... If Tom stays fit we SHOULD be able to cruise for most of the season playing teams below our ability

Ide take our run home over the eels easy start... pretty sure over the next 15 rounds we play one of the top teams only 3 times (2 eels and storm)... If Tom stays fit we SHOULD be able to cruise for most of the season playing teams below our ability
Unfortunately for us we have a Friday game after two Origin games, one against the Cowboys, who will unlikely have anyone playing S of O, and the other against the Dragons who may only have Ben Hunt playing, we will definitely have DCE and Tom T ,with the possibility of Jake playing

We need to go out and blow them away early like the Titans, but then go on with the job. I’m worried about this one for sure. Just complete our sets and we will win.

We have enough talent to win well tomorrow Night but playing Brisbane at there home ground with no one giving them a chance it certainly spells danger game for sure. I also think we will have one eye on Parra in a weeks time.

The issue i worry about most is our soft defence, spacing issues and too many easy yards during general sets of six.

It's only going to take one or two injuries and we are back performing similar to earlier in the season.

If we are going to give up easy yardage in defence it is paramount we can counter with good yards in our go forward sets to not get bogged down field position wise and have to play high risk footy to generate go forward. I see Walker and Taufua as key players up our sleeve in the back end of the season to generate some strong direct go forward to compliment the forwards.

Yes with the speed of the game and 6 again sets you can't compare yardage gains per set of 6 like previous years, but defensively Manly still has to improve big time.

I am liking more ball movement to generate go forward but i am bored as f^*k with the stock standard shape of second man plays to hit the edges and not looking to straighten and hit the inside hip option with variety.

Tom adds penetration around the middle and marker very well as always which is a big plus to helping our go forward sets and attack in general, but we need more variation beyond just relying on one player.

If Tigers continue their slaughter of the Knights, and all the other games work so that the team higher on the table wins, then we move to 7th.

If we lose to the Eels the following week and all the other games work so that the team higher on the table wins, we drop back to 9th.

There is a chance for a lot of upsets though I reckon.

• Tigers look like they are going to murder the Knights right now - upset for sure
  • Bulldogs vs a very out of sorts Raiders, with a new halves combo out to prove something....the Bulldogs look broken, but not impossible as so do the Raiders - long shot
  • Souths are down on troops and last week got thumped. I think they take it with Reynolds back, but its not impossible the Sharks actually show up tonight - long shot
  • Cowboys have a huge shot to beat the Rooters tonight - i'd tip cowboys, especially if Sam Walker is out or carrying an injury - Big chance for upset
  • After the week the Eels had, and losing 2 dirty players from last week, Warriors could totally spring the upset tonight (and how glorious would that be! Love the warriors) - Big chance for upset
  • Storm are missing key troops too, and Dragons go good against them. Might happen - moderate chance for upset
  • Titans, with a Qld crowd, and Panthers coming off a sharks capitulation - might be the week they get surprised if the Titans watched how we played against Penrith - moderate chance of upset

That's actually 3 issues.
Not wrong though...

I was at the game last week not far from the sideline... and I heard barely any communication in defense. Maybe I just have poor hearing but we tripped over each other multiple times when fielding kicks so that would suggest it wasn't just me.

We aren't going to win many (any?) more games by conceding 32 points.

Not wrong though...

I was at the game last week not far from the sideline... and I heard barely any communication in defense. Maybe I just have poor hearing but we tripped over each other multiple times when fielding kicks so that would suggest it wasn't just me.

We aren't going to win many (any?) more games by conceding 32 points.
You should be happy with tonight’s effort

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6