Aussie Summer 2022/23...24

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Clint I don't know mate. I don't think they have released actual dates for the upcoming summer. There's a massive amount of cricket on because of the T20 world cup at end of year.

All I know is we are playing Windies and Saffers in test series. Normally the Sydney test starts around the 3rd or 4th of January, but it can be a day or two later.

We haven't played South Africa at SCG for over 10 years. I'm looking forward to it. They have been doing their own boxing day test tradition for a few years now and haven't toured here over Xmas / New Year for quite a while. We haven't played them at all since the sandpaper scandal which was 4 years ago - my how time flies

I think I am going to try and cross something off the bucket list next year - watching a test in India. Just need to get it past the Chair of the Ranga Household Investment Committee.

@Clint I don't know mate. I don't think they have released actual dates for the upcoming summer. There's a massive amount of cricket on because of the T20 world cup at end of year.

All I know is we are playing Windies and Saffers in test series. Normally the Sydney test starts around the 3rd or 4th of January, but it can be a day or two later.

We haven't played South Africa at SCG for over 10 years. I'm looking forward to it. They have been doing their own boxing day test tradition for a few years now and haven't toured here over Xmas / New Year for quite a while. We haven't played them at all since the sandpaper scandal which was 4 years ago - my how time flies
I'm hoping for a start date of the 3rd to minimise travel/work disruption, but I'm tipping it'll be the 5th, given that's the Thursday. Needing dates so that I can book flights ✈️

I think I am going to try and cross something off the bucket list next year - watching a test in India. Just need to get it past the Chair of the Ranga Household Investment Committee.
Nice. That'd be an experience for sure. I would love to go to Sri Lanka. Not only to see the country but to incorporate a cricket tour. Couldn't pull it off this year as eyeing off next year's Ashes in the UK!

Nice. That'd be an experience for sure. I would love to go to Sri Lanka. Not only to see the country but to incorporate a cricket tour. Couldn't pull it off this year as eyeing off next year's Ashes in the UK!
Sri Lanka would be unreal, and I have heard amazing things about it as a country to visit. But I think this year could be a bit dicey - the economic crisis is causing a lot of political and social unrest - and I would not be surprised if our tour is cancelled.

Next year's Ashes would be great though - we are a good chance if we manage to have an opener who can score runs in the UK... I hope you make it there!

Hey @Chip and Chase @Ranga anyone else that may know. Currently booking tickets for the cricket v Saffers in January. Where do we want to sit? Where do we want to avoid? Family of 4. We dont mind being high up opposed to boundary level. Appreciate any guidance. Cheers Clint

Last edited:
Hey @Chip and Chase @Ranga anyone else that may know. Currently booking tickets for the cricket v Saffers in January. Where do we want to sit? Where do we want to avoid? Family of 4. We dont mind being high up opposed to boundary level. Appreciate any guidance. Cheers Clint
Hey Clint, sorry for late response. I’m not much help though as it has been a few years since I was at the SCG… But I remember sitting upper deck Churchill, Brewongle and Bradman stands and thought it was a good view. The main priority for me is (unsurprisingly) being out of the sun!

Should be a cracker of a series! Their pace attack is unreal. I was looking at their batting line up and there are a few new faces so will be interesting to see how they go.

For us, I’m hoping Pucovski comes through like his talent suggests. Because other than him, it’s pretty slim pickings for our next in line batsman.

Hey Clint, sorry for late response. I’m not much help though as it has been a few years since I was at the SCG… But I remember sitting upper deck Churchill, Brewongle and Bradman stands and thought it was a good view. The main priority for me is (unsurprisingly) being out of the sun!

Should be a cracker of a series! Their pace attack is unreal. I was looking at their batting line up and there are a few new faces so will be interesting to see how they go.

For us, I’m hoping Pucovski comes through like his talent suggests. Because other than him, it’s pretty slim pickings for our next in line batsman.
Cheers @Ranga Our youngest is a ranga too so it's paramount he's not sitting in the sun all day. Looking at availability I'm hoping additional seats are going to be released closer to the event. Some seats/stands not even an option atm.
I'll tell you, SCG a bit more pricey than Adelaide. Sheesh!

Last edited:
@Clint Sorry mate - missed this one

You want to sit on western side of SCG as you'll be in shade there. Eastern side will be in full sun for most of the days play

So your best bet is Brewongle stand (probably already gone to be honest), or Churchill stand. or western end of Trumper (these will be expensive as they are behind bowlers arm therefore premium) Map link below.

Northern stands Noble and Bradman are all members reserve or corporate, so hard to get tickets or expensive package deals

All the concourse seats (Bays 1 -33) are exposed for pretty much the whole day, the western ones do go into shade late in day as sun goes behind stands

What day/s are you thinking of attending ?

@Clint Sorry mate - missed this one

You want to sit on western side of SCG as you'll be in shade there. Eastern side will be in full sun for most of the days play

So your best bet is Brewongle stand (probably already gone to be honest), or Churchill stand. or western end of Trumper (these will be expensive as they are behind bowlers arm therefore premium) Map link below.

Northern stands Noble and Bradman are all members reserve or corporate, so hard to get tickets or expensive package deals

All the concourse seats (Bays 1 -33) are exposed for pretty much the whole day, the western ones do go into shade late in day as sun goes behind stands

What day/s are you thinking of attending ?
Thanks C&C. Great info.
We'll be there for all 5 days so budget is definitely a factor.
We don't mind sitting high up. I'm going to hop on again this arvo for another look.
As registered cricket players, we normally get an email about early release of tickets. Didn't get one for this summer though.

Thanks C&C. Great info.
We'll be there for all 5 days so budget is definitely a factor.
We don't mind sitting high up. I'm going to hop on again this arvo for another look.
As registered cricket players, we normally get an email about early release of tickets. Didn't get one for this summer though.

Post #5000!

Hope all is well in Clint -land btw.

Clint and you joined the same day, yet you have 6x the number of posts. Either Clint has been lazy, or … you have lots of things to say 😂

I have a great story re the chats t-shirt

stay tuned (in the music thread)

Wow, India v Pakistan in front of 90,000 at the MCG, what an incredible game. Virat added to his legend.
Aussies on the other hand, oh dear.
Can't help thinking the captain should go (but I've watched bugger all cricket for ages so maybe that's not the problem)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4