Attn Dan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was flicking through an old Hervey Bay Observer today and came across this picture:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Jethro01/Dan-HBObserver19Jun09.jpg

I didn't know whether you have seen it or not so I scanned it.

[img=380x400]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Jethro01/Dan-HBObserver19Jun09.jpg[/img]

AHHH sweet

hahaha

Yeah thats us at the Pier Restaurant.

Which by the way is the worst restaurant I have ever been to

Service 2 out of 10
Food 2 out of 10
price 1 out of 10
atmosphere 0

It took nearly an hour for our starters to turn up after ordering and it took nearly 30 minutes till we got to order.

Our mains turned up 2 minutes after our starters arrived.

The food was what you would expect from a bistro in a bowling club and certainly not "Award winning"

We paid $120 for something I could have made at home 10 times better. How they won their awards I do not know. The entre apparently an "Antipasto" was worse than the boxed ones you buy at woolies and consisted of 5 cocktail onions, 2 gherkins, a small strip of chargrilled capsicum and a lot of lettuce. It took them nearly an hour to put together what you can buy at woolies for $5 and it was infinitely worse than woolies.

I would not go back there for a free meal!

Drovers Dog, whilst service can be a bit slow, puts on the best steak you will ever taste

Dan, can you KEEP your hand off her ass ! Hehehehe..
PS: She's looking pretty danged cute these days !
Too good for YOU mate...hehehehe...

That sounds like the service that we got the other day at Goody's On The Beach at Toogoom. Vicky's brother lives out there and we decided to have lunch at Goody's whilst we were there. There was only 2 other occupied tables at the time (one with 4 people & one with 2 people) and then there was us three. It took slightly over 50 minutes to get our meals and then it was pretty crappy for what you paid. We'll be in no hurry to go back there again.

Chip & Chase link said:
You wore THAT shirt on a romantic night out ?

It was dressing up from my usual thongs, shorts and a singlet. We were actually on our way to a farewell party and stopped in for dinner, that makes it a romantic dinner apparently.

Jethro, Goodies is a great venue but food and service is poor. We are actually considering hiring the place for our wedding next year and bringing in our own caterers etc. Though I dont like the idea of having a boat ramp right next to it :)

Like I say try Drovers dogs, hands down best steak I have ever had, cooked perfectly, mmmmmm.....

Also Gringos is cheap and really good, fast service, great atmosphere and good ole mexican food.

One thing Leanne and I have learned whilst living here, is that dont trust actual full blown locals tell you about dining places, it may be because we are from Sydney and expect a higher standard or it may just be that most of the people just have no idea, but we have found the best places are those that locals dont like

i found the serive rather poor in a few places we went in qld recently.

Must be they are just that slow up there

Fluffy link said:

mate half the people up here couldn't even spell the abbreviated version of Queensland

Dan link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=181121.msg232824#msg232824 date=1248082341]

mate half the people up here couldn't even spell the abbreviated version of Queensland
[/quote]

What are you talking about, he couldn't even spell service!

Close to 150 restaurants in Noosa area and most are good, some excellent, with just a few duds.

Cant find an excellent Chinese restaurant anywhere up here though, and nothing like the food you get in HK.

Good to see Dan is a daggy (*cough dress) shirt and talking of thongs and singlets. Downright Qld local you are  8)

eagle_predator link said:
Nice photo Dan so when is the big day mate

We haven't set a specific date yet, though we are still thinking September next year.

Still a few things to work out and consolidating a the home and car loans to see what money we do have to play with then we can set a date.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6