Attitude Makeover

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The major problem over the last 3 weeks has not JUST been we are missing some big names - obviously it counts but missing attitude is demonstrated in MOST tackles.
In attack & defence Manly has lost the battle in the ruck & this is why the opposition appear to dominate the momentum.
Much as I hate to say it, apart from borderline wrestle tactics the Storm fight with & without the ball in every tackle making the opposition backpeddle all day.
Another major sign is massive points leaked & Missed tackles - a direct link to attitude.
Toovey is NOT the blame - he has the ultimate competitive streak & has recently been a scape goat imo.
Missing players - Sure we are & key players - but it does lead to an easy out & this rehashed excuse can validate losing which becomes unhealthy.
Hopefully the 1st game at Brookie will give the boys some needed fire - especially that front row who has been belted out of recent games giving the opposition the key to victory.
The attitude starts with each individual - not relying on decisions, players transfer talk, injuries, coaches in grandstands ect.
Have a good feeling this attitude problem will be resolved come Monday night.
BTW - Happy Easter!! ;)

MK Eagle said:
The major problem over the last 3 weeks has not JUST been we are missing some big names - obviously it counts but missing attitude is demonstrated in MOST tackles.
In attack & defence Manly has lost the battle in the ruck & this is why the opposition appear to dominate the momentum.
Much as I hate to say it, apart from borderline wrestle tactics the Storm fight with & without the ball in every tackle making the opposition backpeddle all day.
Another major sign is massive points leaked & Missed tackles - a direct link to attitude.
Toovey is NOT the blame - he has the ultimate competitive streak & has recently been a scape goat imo.
Missing players - Sure we are & key players - but it does lead to an easy out & this rehashed excuse can validate losing which becomes unhealthy.
Hopefully the 1st game at Brookie will give the boys some needed fire - especially that front row who has been belted out of recent games giving the opposition the key to victory.
The attitude starts with each individual - not relying on decisions, players transfer talk, injuries, coaches in grandstands ect.
Have a good feeling this attitude problem will be resolved come Monday night.
BTW - Happy Easter!! ;)
Toovey needs to be as tough and well organised as Bozo was on his players to be as defensively effective. Bozo's methods worked and resulted in the best ever for Manly .

I don't suggest we have been playing at a great level but you are understimating the inexperience factor, especially in our forwards.

How many NRL matches has Buhrer been assigned an 80 minute role? How many matches have the likes of Harrison, Lussick, & Skinner even played at NRL level?

Whare, Oldfield, & Taufua are also new.

I actually thought King has been going well, maybe my eyesight is screwed.

Thinking about reasons not excuses.

1.Grand final hangover.
2.Players on the kangaroo tour.
3.World Cup
4.New Coach
5.First 5 games away from Brookie
6.Injuries and suspensions
7.Contract Speculation.

Not so bad if you have 3 maybe 4 to deal with, but 6 or 7 and it's bound to take it's toll....To his credit, I haven't heard one interview where Tooves has been making excuses for lost games.
But they've been under the pump for sometime now...Thank god for a home game!

The Boys need to lift for Tooves - they are making him look bad:-/

Choc needs to start taking them to the back of the Grandstand and pound into them - 'The Players (us Boys) won the Premiership and not the Son of Sam' :idea:

#GoManly!

Not sure the boys want a pounding by Choc before the game ;)

You are right though, this should really make them fire up lol

dowdz said:
Not sure the boys want a pounding by Choc before the game ;)

You are right though, this should really make them fire up lol

Just get Choc to vigorously rub their ears before they run on and then, in recognition of Easter, pray that it works. If it doesn't maybe his prayer was not good enough, so repeat dose, with more enthusiasm at half time, if needed.

Regardless of reasons/excuses the point is attitude is still down.
So what about rookies having little experience- Taufua was 1 of the more energetic & best players last week in his 1st game & if some of the fowards shared his enthusiasm & desire - yes the experienced ones, Manly would have beaten Eels by plenty.
As for experience in the fowards the front row of Kite, King & Ballin with Choc in the backrow should be plenty to lay the platform.
King playing well?? Probably as good as King gets but like the rest still getting out enthused & overpowered by the opposition on most occasions.
The Seaeagles sides though not full strength has enough quality to be winning these games.
In simple terms the difference between winning & losing recently comes down to desire & attitude - not better opposition teams but more committed opponents fighting more in most plays.

manlyfan. said:
Thinking about reasons not excuses.

1.Grand final hangover.
2.Players on the kangaroo tour.
3.World Cup
4.New Coach
5.First 5 games away from Brookie
6.Injuries and suspensions
7.Contract Speculation.

Not so bad if you have 3 maybe 4 to deal with, but 6 or 7 and it's bound to take it's toll....To his credit, I haven't heard one interview where Tooves has been making excuses for lost games.
But they've been under the pump for sometime now...Thank god for a home game!

8. They may have their minds on round 8.

dowdz said:
Great attitude tonight.

Exactly & missing 2 more "Experienced star players".
Shows what happens when competing in every play & dominating the ruck against a big pack.
Also shows its not always about relying on big name players but showing up with the 17 available who are willing to have a real go.
The attitude was more in the 0 than the 30 something NO recent Manly coaches has achieved against Penrith - well done Tooves!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6