Attention Bazeagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You were right. Des is a control freak. I am not conceding that is a bad thing, as NRL coaches go.
But I concede, you were right in this case.
Any further allegations by yourself against any Sea Eagles personnel will be taken (slightly) more seriously by this poster as a result.

Ps I hope I did not exceed the word limit [lol]

No way, he was the lone critic here of Des, which is why he is now revealed as the true prophet.

The prophet returns.
I'm here boys and thanks for the vindication SER8.
Re Des control freakness truth is I heard it from one of the senior staff.
I'm glad Des has gone, his ego is now officially out of control and that's not Manly's culture. Thanks for helping win premierships Des but remember mate it's the players that actually do it on the park. Tooves is a legend in the making and that's something else I am dead right about.

bazeagle said:
The prophet returns.
I'm here boys and thanks for the vindication SER8.
Re Des control freakness truth is I heard it from one of the senior staff.
I'm glad Des has gone, his ego is now officially out of control and that's not Manly's culture. Thanks for helping win premierships Des but remember mate it's the players that actually do it on the park. Tooves is a legend in the making and that's something else I am dead right about.

Slight correction. Toovs is already a legend.

Which successful coach is not a control freak ? Toovey is also a strong character and wont take **** of anyone either .

Masked Eagle - you're spot on and I'm wrong. Tooves is a massive legend right now and he will go on to even higher levels as Manly's coach.
BOZO - point taken re control freak coaches but they must have the skill set to work in with management. I suspect Des fully lost the plot in that area at Manly and that is an unacceptable level of control freakness.

Penn's a control freak too. But on a more serious note - who isn't a 'Control' freak?

My favourite Control agent was of course 86, closely followed by Agent 99. And I'll always have a soft spot (for a spot of) Hymie and Agent K-13, aka Fang.

I understand that in his later stages of 'control freakiness,' Des was trying to get a similar sequence of entry doors fitted at the Narrabeen bunker that Maxwell Smart had to negotiate at Control HQ. This lies at the centre of his decision to leave the Sea Eagles. He has had more success at Belmore, with the State Govt about to announce funding for a security upgrade there. Of course Des had much more success (at Manly) with his 'Cone of Silence' - where he was ably assisted by Agent Zorba, in not releasing any interesting information, anytime.

bazeagle said:
Masked Eagle - you're spot on and I'm wrong. Tooves is a massive legend right now and he will go on to even higher levels as Manly's coach.
BOZO - point taken re control freak coaches but they must have the skill set to work in with management. I suspect Des fully lost the plot in that area at Manly and that is an unacceptable level of control freakness.

An out of control freak?

How was Des out of control?

If the club had been organised enough and signed him up earlier in the year none of this would even be an issue.

He would still be at the club and we would be enjoying a nice off season

lsz said:

If the club had been organised enough and signed him up earlier in the year none of this would even be an issue.

Loved the bloke and wish he didnt leave however its been there for all and sundry to see he wanted to run the whole club. Even his mate zorba said as much. Read the article about him that was in the sun herald when Lowe was doing his report into 2009 season.

lsz said:

Yep, pretty sure the reason he wasn't re signed was because people had issues with him and the way he went about things.

He still had 18 months to go on his contract. Still had a year to go when he left. Why was it so important? Why was it important to announce his departure 2 days after the boys won the GF, stealing their deserved limelight?

It is a tough one

I guess the club reached a point where they did not want to make anymore sacrifices (not the right term but you get what I mean) in dealing with Des....although they did try to retain him throughout the whole process but appeared to muck up the negotiations

Either way I am sure we will never know the actual story

Des is gone and the ego with it....in saying that, the legacy he leaves behind ,as far as the team id concerned, include the processes/methods and training techniques that are known to all the people remaining at Manly.....id like to think that a fresh face in Toovey will remove any possible complacency after 7 years of Des. This , Toovey's own input , and hopefully the player's desire to show they can do it without him ( ie - the players are /were the ones who won the comps , not Des ) should make us a formidable team once again for season 2012.

lsz said:
It is a tough one

I guess the club reached a point where they did not want to make anymore sacrifices (not the right term but you get what I mean) in dealing with Des....although they did try to retain him throughout the whole process but appeared to muck up the negotiations

Either way I am sure we will never know the actual story

I reckon that's as close to what happened as we will ever hear and perhaps it's better that we never know!!!

Not even he can control baldness...i bet he never gets that hair going again, the way he did till now , after he shaves it off for charity.....the biggest comb-over in the NRL, if not Aussie sport.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6