Are Sharks the real deal??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
As a local Cronulla junior, who only ever supported Manly outnumbered 1000,000 to 1 in the Shire, know lots about this team....
Many promises broken, many failures when the heat is on, many "this is our year"calls mid season......
Have tough experienced forwards led by Gallen, Lewis & Ennis, backed up by muscle in Fifita & Tagatese....then a mix of skill with Wade Graham & Paulo.
Halves in Maloney & Townsend doing well & up with the better NRL combinations.
Barba - who I love to see get smashed is in dynamic form .... nearing his best for Dogs....not there, but back as a huge danger man.
The real X factors imo are Bird & Holmes, who instinctively can create from nothing with pure footy ability that can't be coached making it super tough to defend.
Still feel that come finals, they are 1 centre & winger from matching a few sides, plus not convinced they can go up the required gears to match Nth Qld/Bris at the crunch time.
Get ready for the noise to be louder if they win against Nth Qld this week - Finals are not won in June, but these Sharks fans are desperate having never tasted victory, regardless of the outcome feel it will play out as usual - with Sharks dropping out a week away from the GF.....what's the verdict??

They are Sydney's best team at the moment and this is their best chance in years. Good sign for them is winning when not at their best and we ain't going to be near the grand final this year. They are a big chance. I'm seeing a cowpokes v drizzle grand final eventuating

The only thing working against them is they have some loose cannons, like Fifita. He can be anything, then he can be a complete f..kwit.

Aside from that, I'd prefer if they didn't win just because it would be great if Gallen went out the loser that he is.

I think they are.
I hope they're not.
I don't think they are.
I'm sure they're not.

If you draw a line through our form and their performances against us then I don't rate them. I'm sure the premiers will still be in QLD at the end of the season

I hope not. The fact that they haven't won is a great comfort to me when times are tough. Have many mates who are Cronulla fans and nothing shuts them up quicker than asking them what it was like celebrating Cronulla's last premiership victory.

Realistically I just don't think they have a team with quite as much class as say the Cowboys, Broncos and Storm. They will make the semis but can't see them going the distance.

They will need a couple of things to fall their way (injuries to other teams, ref decisions) but I think they are in with a good shot. I actually enjoy watching now them play this year, even Ennis.

I'd like to see them do it. Usually you need to have been in one to win one. They have do have experienced rep players so they are a chance. The only question is if as a team they have the composure and self belief when it's elimination, and things don't go to plan. Time will tell.

If the Sharks are to win it then they will need to improve their defense. The best defensive team usually wins the comp. They had trouble containing the Bulldogs last night and the Bulldogs did far better at containing the Sharks. if it wasn't for some great attacking play, the Sharks would not have won.

If it comes down to the Sharks or the Broncos I won't be backing the Broncos. That's about as much enthusiasm as I can muster if it doesn't involve Manly.

Ive always had a soft spot for the sharks. If manly are not there id be happy for them to break the drought. Be great saying as i support a sydney team one of my teams won, like queenlslanders do. Of course i dont mean that **** but i know stacks of queenslanders so ill get some mileage out of it

If they're lucky with injuries, I think it'll be a sharks vs storm grand final.
Sharks are very much the real deal, and they seem to have a bit of luck on their side, which you need to win the grand final.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6