• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I see the applause and smites are wiped out while I wasn't watching. As one of the most applauded posters on the site I must say I am relieved at this development. I found by being applauded I felt compelled to try to offer constructive polite and amusing posts which was a terrible burden for someone like me whose favoutire show at present is Dexter. So thanks, and bad luck DSM5.

Well be glad that its gone, since talking about smites at all tend to lead to being smited around here, I have noticed.

I removed them because people couldnt see the fun in them and started to abuse them, overall this just basically adds to increasing the disc space used. There were a certain few posters, and I know who you are and your alter ego's who would just continually smite certain people at every opportunity.

Sad that people ruin things but that is human nature I guess

the funniest thing was ppl who were making  fake accounts  & then going in & giving themselves applaud`s..  ;D  cracks me up , i didnt smite no one really until the last week before they were closed..  i didnt care if i was on a million  smites  meant **** to me  i got better things in my life then that **** to make me feel good..

i only smited them because they  actually believed in the shIIt .. ;)

the same people that with giving themselves a pat on the back were the same ones doing the smiting

I am happy to admit I set up 2 accounts to applaud myself and a couple of other posters who had been hammered with smites.

Myself and another poster went from positive to -250+ within a few weeks. So I decided to fight back on our behalf and reinstate our previous position.

I was trying to piss off the smiters and I am sure I succeeded, even though I was never really sure who they were.

BTW not sorry to see the applaud/smites removed.

the answer my friend is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind................

Bradza link said:
the answer my friend is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind................

More appropriate at the moment

A Hard Rains a Gonna Fall
Watching The River Flow or
The Levee's Gonna Break

bob dylan link said:
I am happy to admit I set up 2 accounts to applaud myself and a couple of other posters who had been hammered with smites.

Myself and another poster went from positive to -250+ within a few weeks. So I decided to fight back on our behalf and reinstate our previous position.

I was trying to piss off the smiters and I am sure I succeeded, even though I was never really sure who they were.

BTW not sorry to see the applaud/smites removed.
Actually bob, you targeted people who did not even smite you in the first place.

And yes, you were the one who was largely responsible for abusing the system and really one of the most childish things I have seen on these forums

This is hilarious. There really must be a moral to this tale.
Or at least a song. How about I Shot the Sherriff?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Gutted, was keen on the -400 very soon
lol kiwi actually in that last week i was giving you applauds thats why you got down to 269  rather than 280  & still some one was smiting you  you would have been lower than that  .. lmao

As an aside I would think that the status of a person (I.e. I have been around a while) should be based on length of time rather than number of posts….

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6