Apparently we are interested in Trent Merrin.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Source is a friend of mine who lives with a Dragons trainer. He said we are keen on Merrin and he is keen on a move to Brookie. Take from that what you will.

He'd be expensive and I'm not sure he is the type of go-forward we need. He's skillful and agile, but we have these in Lawrence, T-Red and Buhrer. I think we need size and grunt.
Illawarra-George are firming to be next year's wooden spooners if Morris and Merrin leave.

Read this somewhere. I assume it would mean letting Choc go, but definitely a top replacement if it happens. Has a good offload, which we don't really have at the moment.

I posted this in another thread, rumour is if Choc is released Merrin is in our sights.

He wants out of Dragons (see its not just us) he wants to be in starting 13.

He normally starts for the Dragons and plays big minutes. They had him coming off the bench in the last few rounds when he was coming back from a shoulder injury.

Word from a St Merge fan who called Talkin' Bulldogs yesterday was that Merrin wanted 800K.

Seriously ?

He's a decent player but not for that sort of coin.

bob dylan said:
I posted this in another thread, rumour is if Choc is released Merrin is in our sights.

He wants out of Dragons (see its not just us) he wants to be in starting 13.

#crisis@dragons

Where is the news story about the destabilised St Merge and their dysfunctional board?

The silence is deafening!

simon64 said:
Word from a St Merge fan who called Talkin' Bulldogs yesterday was that Merrin wanted 800K.

For that salary he must think he's Trent Merlin, when in reality his value should reflect Trent Merkin.

Choc roomed with him in SOO and they absolutely hit it off! If you one what I mean! But in all seriousness they really enjoyed each other's company, choc have merrin a huge wrap! Maybe choc is a bargaining chip! Keep choc and sign merrin, is that possible. We'd have to let someone go!

The Who said:
simon64 said:

For that salary he must think he's Trent Merlin, when in reality his value should reflect Trent Merkin.

Nothing better than a trent shaped pubic wig mate

No offence to Gift, but I see them as pretty similar style players, with the only difference being that you would get more games out of Merrin. Used to think how could a guy as fat as me play first grade, but over the last couple of years, he seems to have trimmed down and has got good footwork for a big unit. Could see B.Stewart (if he stays) and DCE really benefitting from his work. Other benefit is that St George's already crap forwards become even crappier.

Merrin is a middle forward and Gift is an edge forward.......not similar at all

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7