• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
Not sure about the validity of the source but some interesting speculation about Koroisau and some comments from his management. Sounds like click bait but at the right price would make sense for us.

There's been no contact between club and manager yet, but that hasn't stopped the rumours of a possible return to Manly for livewire hooker Api Koroisau.

The Penrith premiership winner is off contract at the end of 2022 and is free to talk to rivals clubs about a move in 2023 - or sooner. The Panthers have salary cap pressure and would likely grant the 28-year-old an early release if he can secure a deal elsewhere.

Manly reluctantly let Koroisau go two years ago due to their own salary cap restraints, with the Sea Eagles backing Manase Fainu to emerge as one of the NRL's leading No. 9s

But Fainu has not played for two years after being stood down over an alleged knifing at a church dance in late 2019. The rookie forward is not due back to court until July, meaning the best part of next season is a write-off even if he is acquitted.

Koroisau's move to Penrith proved a winner, landing him a State of Origin jumper and a grand final win. "I haven't heard from Manly, but if nothing is done with Penrith then all options are on the table," Koroisau's manager Gian Lombardo told Inside Back. "He left there [Manly] on great terms and I'm sure the welcome mat would be put back out from a relationship perspective.

"But the salary cap dictates the whole rugby league world these days and it depends where Manly sit with that."

Not sure about the validity of the source but some interesting speculation about Koroisau and some comments from his management. Sounds like click bait but at the right price would make sense for us.
That IS interesting, thanks @flying sea eagle. As to the validity, I give some credit to Adam Lucius, a Manly-local sport reporter, rather than some unknown rag writer. We won't have Fainu for the best part of next year, at least, and at the right price I agree Api would make a lot of sense for us.

That is somewhat holding back the team.
In some ways it is but they made it to a Prelim Final this season and the lack of a more dynamic dummy half was not the reason for their loss.Korisau isn’t off contract til end of 2022 so Fainu’s situation should be sorted by then.

That IS interesting, thanks @flying sea eagle. As to the validity, I give some credit to Adam Lucius, a Manly-local sport reporter, rather than some unknown rag writer. We won't have Fainu for the best part of next year, at least, and at the right price I agree Api would make a lot of sense for us.
“At the right price”
His manager isn’t throwing the bait out to other clubs because Koroisau is just looking for an opportunity.It’s all about getting a pay rise

Cust is not listed on the club website amongst the backs anymore; he's listed amongst the forwards as 'hooker'. So we're already paying for 3, 4 may be a stretch.

Love Api & wished we had kept him. But he's another player with little brain. His dick is connected to his brain directly bypassing the reasoning function. I reckon he's always going to be trouble. If we get Mack the Knife back next season we wont be requiring his services.

mmm.... Timing would be about right, we should know if Fainu can play for us by mid season next year. And Api's contract finishes end of 22. Api will be 29 if we decide to pick him up, probably got 3 more good seasons in him from 22. Something to ponder about if the price is right.

Love Api & wished we had kept him. But he's another player with little brain. His dick is connected to his brain directly bypassing the reasoning function. I reckon he's always going to be trouble. If we get Mack the Knife back next season we wont be requiring his services.
Mate as soon as our blood rushes to our other head we are all in trouble . Api is just like the rest of us mortal males

A couple of things

1. This story could be the biggest beat up of all time. I am interested in buying the club from the Penns but I have not spoken to them about it...
2. Even if it was true the nature of our cap would mean there is no way we could compete with other teams

Cust is not listed on the club website amongst the backs anymore; he's listed amongst the forwards as 'hooker'. So we're already paying for 3, 4 may be a stretch.

Let's hope Des gives Cust a real go at hooker. Still think he could be better than Croker if he can handle the D.

Croker owns the 9 jumper and will be given every chance to step it up next year. If Fainu returns he will be sharing it. I don't think Des sees him as a deficient part of our play. His D is great and our middle weakness in defence would be far worse without him there. I se him as one of the best defensive 9's in the comp and I think he will be given the go ahead to use his ball-playing skills next year.

Croker owns the 9 jumper and will be given every chance to step it up next year. If Fainu returns he will be sharing it. I don't think Des sees him as a deficient part of our play. His D is great and our middle weakness in defence would be far worse without him there. I se him as one of the best defensive 9's in the comp and I think he will be given the go ahead to use his ball-playing skills next year.
Our pigs need to help him with go forward

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4