Anyone done the solar power back to the grid thing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
In NSW the rebate reduces at the end of the financial year so i was wondering whether it is worth trying to rush through prior.

A guy at work said he is making a few hundred a quarter after costs of $2500 to get installed.

Is this typical?

That's about what I have heard. I will be investing on it in my new house

Check carefully Fluffy. I read in the SMH on Saturday that they have frozen the scheme. Here's the article
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/thousands-to-lose-bonus-in-rethink-on-solar-panels-20110429-1e0rv.html

damn libs

given the life of some of these panels are guarenteed for up to 20 years now it still might be a good investment, just not as good.

I don't agree with the scheme as I understand it. At the moment we have a group of lucky people having their power subsidised by every other electricity user at a crazy unsustainable rate for the next decade. I have no problem subsidising them up to the point where their solar power generation covers their own individual usage, and a small incentive beyond that. That should be the aim of every household. Paying for a feed-in rate 15 times what it normally costs is a poor decision.

Agree with that MB.

What they should be doing is getting a sustainable rate were the populous put up the capital for the next power station rather than private enterprise or the tax payer. The more use of solar the better and cheaper the technoilogy will get.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2