Any Subaru dealers out there ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm in the market for a new Subaru Outback, so wondering if there are any Silvertailians who happen to work for a Subaru dealer. Sydney metro.

Wanted another Liberty Wagon but they don't make them anymore. So giving the Outback a go.

Ain't never had a car what handles like my Liberty.
I'll update it one day.
To another Subee.

I like them but I was reading on another forum that they have problems with engine oil consumption.

Anyone had this problem?

I like them but I was reading on another forum that they have problems with engine oil consumption.

Anyone had this problem?
Not yet but my son reckons mines starting to leak oil.
I haven't checked it yet.But overall consumption, not too much.

How do they go in winter conditions over there?

From what I can gather from this other forum, quite well. It was that thread where the oil consumption was brought up but people seem to be happy with them.

Throw on a set of winter tyres and away they go! They say that the Subaru's can sit lower than other makes (eg the honda crv) which makes them more stable but less able to handle plowing through snow (which I have never done and it wouldn't even be a consideration for me.)

A lot of the comments are from people who have older subaru's. One said that between 2010 and 2013 that's where the oil problems were. Class action even. (they say, I haven't looked it up.)

But considering that it seems like 99% of people own a ford F-150 or bigger, it was good to get some positive feedback about the Subaru outback, forester, etc.

Last edited:
hmm I should consider this, i will be in the market for two cars in a few weeks, but I think imma just get two cheapo second hand cars, as starting over again....again is expensive enough

cvt is fine. (continuously variable transmission )

Never had a problem with the last car (did 380,000 klms) and certainly no probs with the outback.

Research is fun. Hey look, the internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuously_variable_transmission

https://www.leasecosts.ca/en/articles/difference-between-cvt-and-automatic-transmission

Anyway @Chip and Chase you can always test them. If you don't like it, the world will continue. I must admit I drove the previous car for ages before even finding out what cvt was. That's how little difference the 'noise' or performance affected me.

You can go onto the BMW forums and listen to a lot of them complain how bmw means 'break my wealth' and associated problems...yet they do make a nice car.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4