Any news on T-Rex injury recovery?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, he's resting up while at the sea eagles and should be right to play for the bulldogs.

In that case, let The Bulldogs waste capital fixing him. Let him get over there as an overweight lump. It will be very late in the year IF he comes back for us, then, without the benefit of running and weights, will take time to get back up to speed.

T-Rex has made his decision. Make him deal with what that means by not rewarding him by getting him right for The Bulldogs next off season.

We are losing all our young forwards, and retaining all our 30+

Put him on a pie diet you reckon?

Actually I will let this fish slip. They are reportedly paying 200k more and des did help him.

But mostly tony genuinely agonised over the decision according to reports , not wanting to leave his team mates.

He's a decent fellow and has made his decision. Our loss. Yes. Injury prone, perhaps.

I guess we will keep ballin. We need to discover some forward muscle though.

Ryan said:
In that case, let The Bulldogs waste capital fixing him. Let him get over there as an overweight lump. It will be very late in the year IF he comes back for us, then, without the benefit of running and weights, will take time to get back up to speed.

T-Rex has made his decision. Make him deal with what that means by not rewarding him by getting him right for The Bulldogs next off season.

You never cease to amaze me, such a bitter sentiment. Good luck to T-Rex, his family was into him to go to all accounts, he also had his family in mind.

voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:

You never cease to amaze me, such a bitter sentiment. Good luck to T-Rex, his family was into him to go to all accounts, he also had his family in mind.

I know it's harsh, but it's business. Tony made a business decision. Sentiment has to go out the window. Would you want us to spend thousands re-habilitating for him to come back one / two games, and be in prime health for The Dogs?

No thanks. He makes the decision, he deals with the consequence. I have no doubts in another 8-10 rounds, we'll have great chemistry with our current players doing the job.

If that's the case, I hope he doesn't just get a walk up start to the first grade squad. Time for us to focus on the now and the future, like The Bulldogs are.

So you guys wouldn't want t Rex playing for manly for the last 6 or so weeks of the season and the finals? Gimme strength. Last time I looked the berries were neck and neck with us on the ladder. Why give them a leg-up by shunting tony off to them early?

Shoe1 said:
So you guys wouldn't want t Rex playing for manly for the last 6 or so weeks of the season and the finals? Gimme strength. Last time I looked the berries were neck and neck with us on the ladder. Why give them a leg-up by shunting tony off to them early?

His lower back is injured. That means no running. That means no weights. He'll need at least a month to get back to up to speed. He'll be back, what, round 22-23?

If our present players are doing the job, and are working well as a unit, I say no way. No way does he get a walk up start.

Let him rehab himself (or The Dogs fund it), and lets focus on our future, and the betterment of our club. I see AFL clubs drop players who sign with other teams.

With our great depth, we may not have to be that desperate.

There is only 1 word for considering the option of not playing him for the rest of the season if he has gone to the Dogs

Foolish

Does the same apply to Whare ? And extend to Ballin possibly ?

I find it hard to digest all this media crap about how Hassler made T-Rex into the Test player he is today.
I know the vast majority of posters on this forum knew T-Rex was not a winger after a few matches and were constantly saying that he was better suited as a forward.
It took Hassler 18 months to wake up.
For goodness sake, why does Hassler get all this smoke blown up his arse by the media? He inhibited T-Rex's advancement by constantly playing him out of position.

The Who said:
I find it hard to digest all this media crap about how Hassler made T-Rex into the Test player he is today.
I know the vast majority of posters on this forum knew T-Rex was not a winger after a few matches and were constantly saying that he was better suited as a forward.
It took Hassler 18 months to wake up.
For goodness sake, why does Hassler get all this smoke blown up his arse by the media? He inhibited T-Rex's advancement by constantly playing him out of position.

It's like the media creamed themselves over him the day he walked out on manly.

'...bit of bad news about t-rex could be out indefinate unsure wen he will be back'
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-T-Rex-Williams/272827999410960

Like I posted before - lower back injuries are extremely fickle.
Doesn't sound like he will have much input into #B2B :(

It was the SC Eagles Coach who moved T-rex in from the Wing.
They won their inaugural year's premiership by his doing that.
The Son Of Sam got the credit, not this man.

Good bye T-rex, thanks for the few good memories :angel:

T Rex was always signed as a forward by Hasler and Cleal

The reason he was played where he was for the majority of his 1st couple of seasons were season ending injuries to Brett Stewart and Wolfman along with Matai and Lyon also missing quite a few games during that period to injury and suspension

But we can ignore all that to try and discredit Hasler a bit more

Kiwi Eagle said:
There is only 1 word for considering the option of not playing him for the rest of the season if he has gone to the Dogs

Foolish

Does the same apply to Whare ? And extend to Ballin possibly ?

No, only those who sign with the Scumdogs.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6