Another Knight Charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Knights' Chris Houston to face drug supply charges DAN PROUDMAN
March 1, 2010 - 4:25PM

Chris Houston. Photo: Brockwell Perks BDP

Newcastle Knights second rower Chris Houston will face drug supply charges next month after being served today with a court attendance notice by police.

Houston, 25, will face three counts of supplying ecstasy and one count of supplying cocaine following investigations by Strike Force Welham.

Strike Force investigators charged Houston's former flatmate and former Knights teammate Danny Wicks with drug supply charges on December 16.

Knights officials are in crisis meetings to discuss the development but it is understood he will be stood down from all club duties indefinitely.

Police issued a statement this afternoon that at 10.30am today, Strike Force Welham officers served court attendance notices on a Kotara man via his lawyers.

Houston will appear at Newcastle Local Court on April 13.

Newcastle Herald

Imagine busting your ar$e with the rest of your team for the entire off season and then you find one of your team mates actions potentially derail the whole season before it even starts.

May not be the last one either. Could be a house of cards once they go through Wicks' and Houston's phone taps and records.

Newcastle was never going to make the 8, and now looks like fighting Cronulla for the spoon.  More names to come. 

Jatz Crackers link said:
Imagine busting your ar$e with the rest of your team for the entire off season and then you find one of your team mates actions potentially derail the whole season before it even starts.

Yes I wonder how the Manly boys felt last year.....

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182516.msg252872#msg252872 date=1267424404]

Yes I wonder how the Manly boys felt last year.....
[/quote]

I wonder if the Houstens teammates believe in & support him like Manly support Snake.

So who scooped the pool with Newcastle being the first team to get bad publicity then doubled up be having it occur before the season started?

Willie's brother hit with drug charge March 2, 2010

Les Mason, the brother of rugby league international Willie Mason, has been charged with supplying ecstasy in a Newcastle hotel. Les Mason, 31, was allegedly observed by an off-duty police officer giving another man a tablet inside Hotel Delany about 9.30pm on Saturday. Newcastle City detectives were called and arrested Mason before he was allegedly found in possession of another nine ecstasy tablets. He was charged with supplying a prohibited drug and conditionally bailed to appear in Newcastle Local Court on March 30.

The down side of this for Manly is they have plenty of the room in their salary cap and they will be hunting for Front rowers. I can see them make an offer for Josh Perry.

It seems that it all started with Joey Johns, the self promoting drug user.  Got away with it for over a decade according to himself, so why wouldn't others get into the gear.  I thought I read somewhere that all Drugcastle players were interviewed by the club over the drug issue.  Smith should buy himself a lottery ticket, or did he know something to help him decide to jump ship.  Very murky waters indeed.     

clontaago link said:
Dont believe for one second that it is limited to Newcastle.

What are you saying Clon - the trafficking/supply of drugs is widesrpead in the NRL or the use....

There is a pretty big difference between the two IMO

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6