Another Corp Partner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As part of the partnership launched today, ISCA will be awarding one young up-and-coming player from within the Sea Eagles Elite Pathways Program a scholarship for the Diploma of Sports Management (High Performance).

... Noice!

This is a sensible sponsorship.
It sounds like there is no money involved, but a scholarship to study a profession/trade.
Most young RL players need a 'real' career path, one that will sustain them for their working life. RL is only a career for an elite few.
Hopefully this association will be able to extend its sponsorship to include scholarships for more than just one rookie.

This is a sensible sponsorship.
It sounds like there is no money involved, but a scholarship to study a profession/trade.
Most young RL players need a 'real' career path, one that will sustain them for their working life. RL is only a career for an elite few.
Hopefully this association will be able to extend its sponsorship to include scholarships for more than just one rookie.

I'm guessing it would involve us being able to use some of their resources also, like using interns to compile data and monitor programs with players it could be a master stroke from Donny and Des. this is how we compete without employing hundreds of staff. It all looks very positive.

I'm guessing it would involve us being able to use some of their resources also, like using interns to compile data and monitor programs with players it could be a master stroke from Donny and Des. this is how we compete without employing hundreds of staff. It all looks very positive.
Excellent idea @conanu the club could use say 6 interns, 2 at a time a couple of days a week each, helping the club share the load and giving young blokes an opportunity to work with a professional organisation.
In turn they could add another of our kids to the scholarship.

Sounds like Narrabeen is now one of the better facilities for training - not the picture Barrett painted.
Why then would we need a 'Centre of Excellence' at Brookvale Oval? This idea has gone very quiet since it was floated in a mountain of publicity, hasn't it?

Sounds like Narrabeen is now one of the better facilities for training - not the picture Barrett painted.
Why then would we need a 'Centre of Excellence' at Brookvale Oval? This idea has gone very quiet since it was floated in a mountain of publicity, hasn't it?
That is more due to the NSW Govt grant for COE.

Still not sure of what it incorporates but St Augustines are in need of some sporting HQ/educational structure as well as Manly.

We could also develop some competent and motivated tradesmen, to knock up a grandstand or two and a centre of (that’s) excellence in their spare time.

That’s great they can become sport teachers at Cromer, beacon hill (rip) and forest highs!!

That’s great they can become sport teachers at Cromer, beacon hill (rip) and forest highs!!
Even after 40 years there are sports teaches from these schools who we are still talking about today. They must have been exceptional.

I think it was because funding from the State government was contingent upon having a Centre of Excellence built. At least that was the perception a few years ago. Government policy has almost certainly changed now, although the overriding policy of never giving money to a "safe" electorate has remained remarkably consistent.

That is more due to the NSW Govt grant for COE.

Still not sure of what it incorporates but St Augustines are in need of some sporting HQ/educational structure as well as Manly.
They shouldn’t be doing things to give a school a leg up that charges 10k plus a year in fees.

I do find the state governments funding a bit silly as you’d think they would be better off spending it on their existing facilities at Narrabeen. Getting that track resurfaced took the intervention of our federal member because the state was dragging their feet.

Also - I though state spending on Brookie was somewhat contingent on the council handing the ground over to the state. Maybe my memory is off but I thought I heard that somewhere...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4