Annesley's weakly "why this happened" report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Highlights: (lowlights?)

Kobe Hetherington should not have been sent off
Kevin Proctor should have been sin-binned.

The Bunker review officials certainly should have advised the referee to send Kevin to the sin bin. (translation - officials screwed up yet again).

These two cases were simple cases of human error with officials incorrectly applying judgement to the specific criteria they have. (translation - officials screwed up yet again).

Annesley also reiterated his preference for players and coaches to self-police the issue of diving for penalties, with the issue raising its head again in round 14. (translation - it's too hard for us to do our job, now can we get a pay rise?)

Annesley also addressed the confusion around why Victor Radley, Angus Crichton and Josh Papalii were each able to serve one week of their respective multi-week suspensions in State of Origin I, despite the offences occurring before teams were selected.
Once the players are suspended they and their clubs make an application to the judiciary chair Geoff Bellew with supporting documentation from the states asserting that they would have been picked in the Origin match.

The Bunker review officials certainly should have advised the referee to send Kevin to the sin bin. (translation - officials screwed up yet again).

These two cases were simple cases of human error with officials incorrectly applying judgement to the specific criteria they have. (translation - officials screwed up yet again).

Annesley also reiterated his preference for players and coaches to self-police the issue of diving for penalties, with the issue raising its head again in round 14. (translation - it's too hard for us to do our job, now can we get a pay rise?)

Annesley also addressed the confusion around why Victor Radley, Angus Crichton and Josh Papalii were each able to serve one week of their respective multi-week suspensions in State of Origin I, despite the offences occurring before teams were selected.
Once the players are suspended they and their clubs make an application to the judiciary chair Geoff Bellew with supporting documentation from the states asserting that they would have been picked in the Origin match.
So Brad Fitter, as selector of the origin side, has the power to decide whether players get a week (or up to 3 weeks) off their suspension...

...yep seems like the NRL are employing their typical system of checks-and-balances - i.e. none

Self-police... in a competitive sport... puh-leez....

So if a player is picked in the squad and doesn't take the field or is injured in the leadup does that cancel out the 1 week off their suspension.

I think I know the answer to that one.

Annesley is a flog and his commentary adds no value

He had basically cemented a position for himself being captain hindsight and undermining the referees on a weekly basis while nothing actually improves and the same refs keep getting picked

Now its professional goalpost shifting while still adding no value

Rort. I assume they have also counted the club game in the same week as Origin even though no guarantee they would have been backing up.
Why not just give them some Dally M points while you're at it.

Nothing Manly related to report this week. Obviously turbo's non try and the professional off-side play of the titans was all fine and dandy.

25 mins of waffle.

First half: Players falling+ target area = everyone is adjusting, even us poor old refs and the bunker.

Second half: All about Canberra's misuse of the 18th man.

Nothing Manly related to report this week. Obviously turbo's non try and the professional off-side play of the titans was all fine and dandy.
Well they are never going to try to justify a ruling that even their astonishing level of BS excuses can't explain away are they.

nrl.jpg
6780576182_75f486f53d_b.jpg

Well they are never going to try to justify a ruling that even their astonishing level of BS excuses can't explain away are they.

View attachment 18497View attachment 18498
Any wonder there's a disconnect between the refs, bunker and MRC.

He went on for over 10 minutes about how they got the Robson decision wrong.

Almost 21 minutes to cover that and the Raiders one, he must be paid by the word.

If the refs / bunker follow the decision process that he talked about the game will take 3 hours and they’ll still get it wrong.

View attachment 18497View attachment 18498
I think I have seen that rug before ,,,HMMMMM ,,,Ive got it !!
I'm sure it was last seen in Kindi Grade CEO Turd Greenbergs office ,yes thats right , that rug could tell many a tale and expose many a rugby league atrocity . skillfully covered up by the artful dodger himself the bald headed moran known as GreenK%nt .
The rug is currently residing in the cricket players association office where Turd is doing his best to f&%k up thier sport much like he did ours .
PVL aint perfect but he is light years ahead of that stain on rugby league

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4