Andrew Johns joins Manly in exclusive deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do You Agree with Manly Signing Andrew Johns

• Yes

Votes: 95 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • uncertain

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
RE: BREAKING NEWS : Andrew Johns joins Manly in exclusive deal

Is it just me or is there something a little awkward about having a confessed drug cheat and member of the drugged up Newcastle 97 side as our club ambassador ?

I'd rather see soemone who is Manly to the core filling these ambassadorial roles. I've no problems with us paying him for his coaching expertise, but can't cop him marketing our club. The sooner Beaver gets back here the better.

Is this OFFICIAL!!

It's good news. Well done to the Manly officials and the Board who always seem to get criticised.
My only reservation is the statement that Johns will become a 'Manly Ambassador'. What does this mean? Apart from living in the district does he have any other connection to the club?

BREAKING NEWS : Andrew Johns joins Manly in exclusive deal

Maybe he can bring some Fijians back with him. Him and Freddy are going over there to help the local league population out of there own pocket.

lets not blow this apart,lets enjoy it,ok I for one wasnt a fan of him becoming an immortal,but he did so we should ride of his coat tails

shame on you for stealing larissa's spotlight!!

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-From-the-Club-Sea-Eagles-pick-their-winner-of-the-day

globaleagle said:
shame on you for stealing larissa's spotlight!!

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-From-the-Club-Sea-Eagles-pick-their-winner-of-the-day
news article post before I went to the thread

excellent signing!! Will be a major asset around the junior teams. Imagine Joey coming to a junior club training session. Will bring in loads of new fans. Bit like Del Piero, will get the money back in his name alone.

Perry is fast losing his reputation as a ****e COO. He must stop all these signings if he wants us to continue bagging him.

tookey said:
Can we merge this thread with Larissa's?

I do believe i got there first!

Regarding the ambassadorial nature of his role, it probably wasn't the right term to use.

In his role Andrew will be involved in some of our events as host and special guest, and we will have access to interview him for website content etc. That's basically what was meant by 'ambassador'.

Larissa said:
tookey said:

Regarding the ambassadorial nature of his role, it probably wasn't the right term to use.

In his role Andrew will be involved in some of our events as host and special guest, and we will have access to interview him for website content etc. That's basically what was meant by 'ambassador'.

Larissa what i meant to say was to merge this thread into yours so that there is only one thread - yours of course.

By the way any idea when the list of the full time training squad members will be put up on MWSE? Thanks

Chip and Chase said:
Is it just me or is there something a little awkward about having a confessed drug cheat and member of the drugged up Newcastle 97 side as our club ambassador ?

I'd rather see soemone who is Manly to the core filling these ambassadorial roles. I've no problems with us paying him for his coaching expertise, but can't cop him marketing our club. The sooner Beaver gets back here the better.

I don't think Johns has ever confessed to using performance enhancing drugs

I have always felt that he and his brother were closet Manly fans.

2830 Eagle said:

Does he have a brother?

2830 Eagle said:
Good to see him finally come out of the closet..

Vyssini said:
2830 Eagle said:

Does he have a brother?

Yeah, Daniel. He sings with some band called Silverchair.

Larissa said:
tookey said:

I thought Mark had recruited him to work for Ambassador Travel. I'm sure Mark would like to boss a Legend around. . . . " joey, you know I prefer cream in my coffee to milk - that'll be 10 pushups and don't do it again or you'll be on the bench!"

Its a great signing, having a great halfback like Johns working with Foz and DCE has to be a good thing.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6