Amazing Composure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The fact Manly have won the first 2 games by 4 & 6 respectively against 2 teams rated top 4 material deserves plenty of credit.
Watching a replay of that Tigers game after dominating early yet being down 8-0 would have spelt a loss to just about any other team.
The Seaeagles turned it around in a blistering 10 minute period & showed the belief & reilience other teams simply do not have.
Both games have had key moments when the game was on the line & its no coincidence at the crucial points Manly has taken the game by the scruff of the neck with massive composure.
Its no coincidence some teams cry at seasons end about losing several games by 6 or less but its the champioship teams that are able to turn these into victories as Manly has done in recent seasons - am I getting carried away or is the Seaeagles composure & attitude another level to the rest???

It's definitely at another level so far. Down 8-0 against the Tigers, most other teams would have crumbled. Huge advantage having an experienced team with titles under their belts.

Yeah we are going great, i would like to see us put the sharks away if we get an early lead though, i don't think my heart can handle anymore comebacks lol.

I'm hoping they don't turn up to the cronulla game expecting to win and take it easy after 2 tough games.

Pablo said:
I'm hoping they don't turn up to the cronulla game expecting to win and take it easy after 2 tough games.
Toovey never took any game easy when he was playing and he would expect the same from his players

Foz and DCE laughing in the dressing room at halftime - that's composure.

Great to see that the Players are treating the games as fun again :)
The intensity in 2009/2010 was caustic.

When you are relaxed, everything falls into place.

Go Manly!

BOZO said:
Pablo said:
Toovey never took any game easy when he was playing and he would expect the same from his players
Agree with this Bozo but my main concern here is Sharks are 0 from 2 & played so poorly against the Gidleyless Knights I expect them to get a massive spray from the coach & will turn up all guns blazing.
Could end up a tougher game than most think but the composure should get us home - you agree Jatz?? :p

MK Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Pablo said:
Agree with this Bozo but my main concern here is Sharks are 0 from 2 & played so poorly against the Gidleyless Knights I expect them to get a massive spray from the coach & will turn up all guns blazing.
Could end up a tougher game than most think but the composure should get us home - you agree Jatz?? :p
I agree MK

I am pleasantly surprised at our form the first two weeks compared to the rest of the comp. Going into this season I thought we would start slow but build to a big finish. Hopefully we have few injuries come September because I think that will be the main hurdle to keeping the trophy this year.

It was a great win from the boys. Wish we could stop the late tries though. I will have a heart attack at this rate lol.

Our form is amazing though and the boys seem to be really enjoying their footy.

Attitude is everything. That's what makes our current crop so successful. No other team has a steely resolve like ours, that's why we will go back to back. The team believe in each other.

If we turn up with the right attitude against the sharks we will win by 30.

With the two trial matches done & dusted, it's like a continuation of 2011, GF included.
The slick lines are still there, the silly passes and drop balls are not there and the combinations are ever-present.
I like their brand of winning. I'm getting used to it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6