All Over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Season 2010 is all but done for us, too many guys playing injured or already gone and Glenn Stewart's moment of madness has killed any slight chance we have, his season is done and dusted. Will still probably make the 8 but the troops aren't there for anything more

Can't fault their effort and ticker, but once the going got a bit tough the young lads went into their shell and threw nothing at them. It mystifies me how we didn't go to the Stewart/Lyon/Williams combo. Was pleased to see a bit more running from Foran today, he looks dangerous when doing that. Hodkinson is so slow it is unreal

The momentum shifter at the start of the 2nd half was absolutely disgraceful, Matai was just about to grab the pill and blatantly taken out

Special mentions today for the work of King, Kite and Watmough who were all struggling but continued putting in. Am loving King's work at the moment. T Rex easily our best on park with Farrar just behind him

Good statement KE. I agree its time to recover from our injury's, get Wolfman and Snake back next year as well as adding DCE and do it all again, hopefully with more success and consistency.

your right Kiwi, injuries at the wrong time, we are falling apart coming to semis, when we won in 2008 all the boys were good, hasn't been our year at all.

need 1-2 young gung ho forwards to really rattle teams, Jarrod would have been great, that type of performer, maybe Palau if they can get him top notch fit, he's a big kid

Back row will be interesting next week, no Rodney or Stewart

Choc will continue to battle on and put everything into it. Even though he looks small, I was actually reasonably impressed with Buhrer today

Sorry Ryan, I can't put up with that crap. :)

What is annoying, and I have a heap of posts to get through of others thoughts, is that despite the three tries we still could have got back in that game. What was needed was some grit, cool heads and a plan to battle it out. Instead we got hot-headed stupidity. I can't belive we lost that and by such a margin.

It's a sad,sad day when you realise that your team is not going to compete for the trophy. We have lived in false hope for most of the year that we could click into gear and make a charge at the semis. Unfortunately today the writting is well and truly on the wall. Too many injuries and just not enough grit to tough it out.
For 2011 I dont think we will be much better. Perhaps with a bit more speed in the backs and more guile at halfback we could do better but forwards are a concern as well as another unknown rookie at half. We dont seem to have the mongrel and desire to dig deep for the win anymore. It seems we climbed the mountain in 2008 and we dont have the drive to do it again.

It's not all over yet. Though our future doesn't look bright!
We do not lack grit. We lack experience in the key halves positions.
Roosters scored 20 points in an 8 minute period starting 3 seconds from 1/2 time. They scored all 30 in a 25 minute period. Apart from the obvious controversy, credit to them and especially Carney, SKD and Pearce had the ability to take their chances. JWH really lifted them too.
Yet our team dominated the first half and even in the second we were attacking deep in their area for long periods. They scored 14 points from breakout tries while we were on hot attack.
I think the first half shows there's nothing wrong with our speed etc. Mentally we struggled when things went against us.

haha it might but it wasn't what I meant. I thought we lacked a bit of organisation, and maybe some belief, I don't think there was anything wrong with the effort. A couple of times in the second half we didn't seem to keep the same width or structure as the first. Maybe it needed Hodko and Foran to be taking charge a bit more. I'd love us to put 30 on in the 2nd half next week, it might make all the difference to our 2nd half mindset.

Next week.
No Snake, Wolf, Perry, Rodney,Hopoate, Whare
Playing with major injuries Choc, King, Kite, Matai,Farrer
Suspended Gift

Au Revoir 2010

mickqld link said:
Next week.
No Snake, Wolf, Perry, Rodney,Hopoate, Whare
Playing with major injuries Choc, King, Kite, Matai,Farrer
Suspended Gift
Big deal we'll still win!

Members online