The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This thread has gone a bit cold after everyone has seen Hoppa play.

Is Hoppa going to the Warriors with AFB on big money now?
We should keep him. I think people aren’t judging him in context of his situation (I’m not suggesting you - just in general).

He had not played for 810 days or 2.5 years I think the club said. So the last game he played before debuting was at the age of 16. Recovering from two ACLs. You take any player out of the game for 2.5yrs and they will struggle big time - I don’t care who it is, then add to that he is only 19, add to that it was his debut season, add to that he is playing out of position and I’m stunned he has done as well as he has.

Next year will see a very different Hoppa. If he stays fit and healthy, we will see a star come to the fore by mid season.

I

I am not sure he will better than Will. If he went, not sure I would be that upset now.

I would be ropeable if Schuster was close to leaving thou.

Signed until 2022. Hopoate may be stupid enough to leave...I hope he has more sense. But Schuster knows he's got a place in the Manly backline for keeps if he performs. The dogs are going to be cellar dwellers for a few years yet and Auckland will stay also rans

It is a smokescreen so no-one knows he is really going to debut Metcalfe at 6.
Obviously!
If it is a smokescreen,just proves how behind the times Des is.He did it with Hopoate and Schuster already this season.Who’s still playing cloak and dagger with team selections these days?Only Des really.As proven by the Storm game when he didn’t name Hopoate,it didn’t make any difference to Bellamy’s plans

At this point I hope he goes...
Manly would do well to rid themselves of the hopoate name for good..
Its prolly not the kids fault, but the father is a greedy pr!ck and not one of his kids thus far has shown an inch of loyalty to our club... let somone else deal with John and his bullsh!t

Lets get rid of the best players like AFB or those with potential like Hopa and Metcalf and bring in players like Foran and Dugan. Strange thinking in my opinion

If it is a smokescreen,just proves how behind the times Des is.He did it with Hopoate and Schuster already this season.Who’s still playing cloak and dagger with team selections these days?Only Des really.As proven by the Storm game when he didn’t name Hopoate,it didn’t make any difference to Bellamy’s plans
Yeah Hoppa Jnr has looked so good hasn't he? Perhaps 'behind the times Des' was right not dropping in a kid who's obviously not ready???

Schuster looked amazing but got injured without any warmup in the reserves so again sort of proves the 'coach whose behind the times' right.

All the whinging on here to get these kids in and what has it got us? Hoppa jnr looks underdone and disinterested. His non chase back last weekend shows that up perfectly.

The shoe would have made his debut much earlier had he had some time at black town to get match fit and hardened.

Its amazing how even after so many have been proved wrong they still shout from the rooftop how out of touch the coach is.

Yeah Hoppa Jnr has looked so good hasn't he? Perhaps 'behind the times Des' was right not dropping in a kid who's obviously not ready???

Schuster looked amazing but got injured without any warmup in the reserves so again sort of proves the 'coach whose behind the times' right.

All the whinging on here to get these kids in and what has it got us? Hoppa jnr looks underdone and disinterested. His non chase back last weekend shows that up perfectly.

The shoe would have made his debut much earlier had he had some time at black town to get match fit and hardened.

Its amazing how even after so many have been proved wrong they still shout from the rooftop how out of touch the coach is.
I never questioned his non selection of those players and that has absolutely nothing to do with being out of touch,it was common sense.Granted the team has suffered from injuries in key positions,but doesn’t excuse his antiquated plan of using JakeT as a ball player,a tactic that was used at the Dogs that worked for a year or two then became redundant.

Hoppa ran for 30 more metres than Funa last week with the same post-contact metres as Keppie (same amount of runs) and more than Morgan Boyle (with half the runs)...
Against the dogs he ran for 139m with 57m post-contact and a line-breqk assist...
but rip into the kid for not saving Des's sorry a*se...
Your hero has been sh*t this year and continually rolled out the same team week in and week out with the same poor defensive structures , the same uninspired attack and the same level of poor fitness...
But blames the kid if it makes you feel better...
38-0... AT HALF TIME... Tell me again how Des is a great leader and conditioner of men....

Last edited:

One thing that amuses me is that some of the posters banging on about it were the same ones hammering young Paseka week in week out at the start of the season and questioning why Des was picking him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4