Aggressive - Energetic Defence The Foundation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
As much as we have been spoiled as Seaeagles supporters, particularly the past decade with some amazing, skilful attacking play....is it fair to say there was a steely resolve from around that Ben Kennedy period that paved the platform??
A rugged, physical approach - that almost beat up the opposition until they held up the white flag, before slicing through them at will.
The amazing potential is still there in the backs with the exchange of Walker/Foran only time away from being even better than what we had.
Forans edge was his direct style, engaging the defence & turning outside defenders in assuring more space out wide...in contrast to Walker who will create chaos with his speed & footwork with that rare ability to make something from nothing, thriving on 2nd phase play & offloads.
The forwards definitely have more spring, regardless of round 1 where nothing went their way.
There will be a far quicker ruck area, enabling huge roll on & edge opportunities, plus dummy half scoots around both the A & B defenders that has not been visible in recent seasons.
Fact is - still need that platform of aggressive, energetic defence to gift this style of play.
Is it back to that uncompromising style - with simplicity - to build back that winning formula??

I miss those days of our brick wall defence.I measure current teams form by comparing to those couple years of impregnable defence we had .I don't think no team has come close to being comparable in brute force defence.Ohh I miss them days.

I miss those days of our brick wall defence.I measure current teams form by comparing to those couple years of impregnable defence we had .I don't think no team has come close to being comparable in brute force defence.Ohh I miss them days.
TBH Robbiea, it's a tall order to replicate that high intensity defence weekly, but just to aspire to that as the Manly foundation, is sure to not just win extra attacking advantage....but to build that character that has dwindled away more recently...you are 100% right though mate...the teams who boast strength in those areas, always show up for the finals.

Aggressive , energetic is a major factor but i think we miss a big talker a player that gets into his teammates (dare i say foran was that player ) Kingy was but not sure who we have that takes that role now

Aggressive , energetic is a major factor but i think we miss a big talker a player that gets into his teammates (dare i say foran was that player ) Kingy was but not sure who we have that takes that role now
In fairness to your post...plenty of merit there....have always felt without Stewart at the back, its far more than his ability to create points, his defensive communication is massive.
Foran at his best, also added plenty....really expected Myles to add that leadership role from the front...& being early days , could still be....

Too be fair, Des Hasler always gets the best out of his teams. I'm ****ing spewing it's for the Bulldogs. He should have been our dead set Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy :(

In fairness to your post...plenty of merit there....have always felt without Stewart at the back, its far more than his ability to create points, his defensive communication is massive.
Foran at his best, also added plenty....really expected Myles to add that leadership role from the front...& being early days , could still be....

Yes Snake is our talker at the back
i will watch with interest tonight to see who actually does the talking and the pointing and showing the team what direction we should be going
(maybe that's for another thread who is actually the player that gets us going forward (Cronk type player not the captain but the player that calls the shots )
Or should it be DCE but im just not seeing it from him ??

Yes Snake is our talker at the back
i will watch with interest tonight to see who actually does the talking and the pointing and showing the team what direction we should be going
(maybe that's for another thread who is actually the player that gets us going forward (Cronk type player not the captain but the player that calls the shots )
Or should it be DCE but im just not seeing it from him ??

Give the water bottle back to tooves.

Our first contact in defence is in need of improvement.
Except Jake.
He hurts people.
But we need numbers in the tackle and must make sure we don't allow quick play the balls.

We're being cruelled by not doing the basic stuff well.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2