After Round 5 who are the teams to beat??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Still one game to go, Donkey's V the Tinklers but I feel the home side should win and remain on top.

Here's my summation

Donkeys....really haven't played any of the top sides yet so hard to really know their credentials.

Drizzle...much as I hate to say it they are travelling very well, although have had 4 out of 5 home games...and the one away game they had they were thrashed.

Bullpups...looked very good early but two losses might suggest they are not quite there yet.

Dragqueens...clinical yesterday and may still be the team to beat in 2011

Cowgirls...real surprise packet in 2011, not sure I rate them as one of the the teams to beat yet BUT they are travelling nicely.

The Tiggers won at the weekend but will struggle against the top sides due to their injury issues but at full strength I'd certainly put them up there.

The Gladiators...great one week, terrible the next, potentially a top side but I don't see them as a side to beat in 2011...yet.

To me these are pretty much the sides that have impressed in the first 5 rounds...of all of them the Drizzle and the Dragqueens look the best (despite the Donkeys running first they have looked terrible at times and it's only their defence that is winning them games).

Over to you guys (and girls) for some thoughts:D:D

The cowboys look like a tough team to beat at home. But yeah, the tough assignments are the dragons and storm. Both can be beaten through the forwards. It can be done.

The dragons are still the team to beat this year. Dogs are good and storm are good at home but very beatable away. Same witht he cowgirls. Tiggers are very good but have a lot of injuries and will struggle when they inevitably get more over the enxt month.

Storm's form puts our R1 loss into perspective. I am surprised how good they've been. Dragons also good but I doubt they can sustain it all year. I think we are one of trhe biggest improvers and the bookies seem to think so too.

Storm wont go the distance but are playing well at the moment, injuries and origin will sort them out.

Dragons are on a whole different level at the moment, if they can hold even a semblance of that they will be very hard to toss.

We are midfield, along with about 10 teams.

Tigers - Dragons - Storm - Bulldogs - Eagles

If I were to pick a top 4 based on form until this point only, these would be the 5 teams I would find hard to separate. I know the Tigers have injury problems but so do we, I think their big names will carry them - and like us they seem to have a few talented youngsters ready to step up.

The Broncos and Cowboys are running well but the Broncos have had a good draw to start and the Cowboys are always just one game away from falling apart in my opinion.

I still think the Raiders are a great team on paper - waiting for them to gel, and then they will be hard to beat, hopefully we get that game out of the way before that happens.

I'm not writing us off this year.Loss to a very determined scum 1st round,good wins against rorters and druggies.Unlucky against souffs,and good gutsy win against flake (last 2 with much depleted teams).Considering we have snake,wolf,rodney,choc,later later,and prob others I've missed to come back,we're trvelling ok.
Of the others,I hate to say it,but scum look like they've got something to prove.Got a lot of home games to start,so finish on the road a lot.I think cowgirls showed their vulnerable on slow/heavy tracks.If it's dry,watch out-if it's wet,they're vulnerable.
st merge's defence will see them go well.the biter kicks well,and they have strike power.
dogs are hard to line up.Yesterday was a heavy 10,so bit hard to draw a line.
donkeys-not sure yet.See how they come through SoO.
others are cowgirls,rorters,gold pussycats,black pussycats.
I don't rate sharks (although they may not get the spoon),canberra (have lost it since last season),druggies,souffs (big forwards,but no depth{and I hate sandow})or titans
How the teams come through the "silly season" (city/city,SoO,tests) will,as usual,have a big impact.
Scum,st merge,dogs,rorters, and,of course,us.Too close to call at this stage.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Storm's form puts our R1 loss into perspective. I am surprised how good they've been. Dragons also good but I doubt they can sustain it all year. I think we are one of trhe biggest improvers and the bookies seem to think so too.

I am not at all surprised by this. They still have the best Hooker, fullback and now arguably halfback in the game.

In my opinion Thurston has done very little in the last two seasons, and Cooper Cronk is not a fair way ahead of him

Rusty said:
Tigers - Dragons - Storm - Bulldogs - Eagles

If I were to pick a top 4 based on form until this point only, these would be the 5 teams I would find hard to separate. I know the Tigers have injury problems but so do we, I think their big names will carry them - and like us they seem to have a few talented youngsters ready to step up.

The Broncos and Cowboys are running well but the Broncos have had a good draw to start and the Cowboys are always just one game away from falling apart in my opinion.

I still think the Raiders are a great team on paper - waiting for them to gel, and then they will be hard to beat, hopefully we get that game out of the way before that happens.

I'd agree with that, I'd basically written the tigers off for the year, that are up against with their injury toll but they were good against south with 5 or 6 of their side out. That young half back from NYC went well for the little time he had. They did pickup two more injuries thou.

Not prepared to write the dogs off just yet on yesterdays performance. Was crappy conditions and they did drop alot of bull and made some bad decisions but the signs a there.

Cowboys are looking ok at times but they certainly don't look like they can go the distance.

they do look a better team than the last two years though. A lot more cohesive

The storm and dragons are the benchmark teams as the bulldogs found out lol. We have the ability to beat them both when our forwards stand up.

Daniel said:
Cowboys are looking ok at times but they certainly don't look like they can go the distance.

That first half against the Tits the other night was outstanding

Dragons and Storm are the top teams for mine. Cowboys may give it a crack this year - Thurston looks like he could be bothered. Sharks will surprise a few people I think. Titans and Parra not looking good at all...

eagles2win said:
Daniel said:

That first half against the Tits the other night was outstanding

Will be a tough game against them up there in a few weeks!!

The Dragons can be beaten by a tough side that beats them up. Look at the Sharks in round one. The cows will win at home but not anywhere else. The Tigers are down to one fit player and the dogs are rubbish who are full of errors. We would have beaten the Storm with Matai and Glenn on the park so the one to win this year, a full year ahead of time, is us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4