AFB you Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Massive impact.
His carries drove them backwards after every contact - including carrying Shannon Boyd downfield with Papalli and another mate.....this bloke can potentially be our long term game breaker ...in terms of winning momentum in the middle....Beast mode tonight was crucial.

If he could just run damn straight, i would rather less metres and running the harder go forward lines---it will help lay the foundations to more punch through the middle.

If he was playing at the Storm Bellamy would be pushing straight running for the good of the team stats that you don't see in your everyday Fox Sports type analysis.

He can certainly hits is up well off the bench, one day he might start using that sizable frame in defence.

28 players on both teams made more tackle than his 6, yes only 6 tackles

This offseason he needs to spend his time with Jake and Nate. to be a top class prop you need to hurt in defence, not just make the highlight reels.

The guy is still a foetus when you think about front rowers,we all expect him to be Glenn Lazarus,but he is going great.This year and last year are all learning/experience for a young front rower,he will develop into a starter in time and learn how to balance his workrate like Taupau and the best over time.The hardships and growing pains he is experiencing now will shape him for the future.As long as we balance our salary cap over the next few years I like the direction we are heading....

Hi
If he could just run damn straight, i would rather less metres and running the harder go forward lines---it will help lay the foundations to more punch through the middle.

If he was playing at the Storm Bellamy would be pushing straight running for the good of the team stats that you don't see in your everyday Fox Sports type analysis.
It's not his style of play...he attracts a lot of defenders because he is hard to put down so he drags the opposition in to open up space around the ruck for the next play...pair that with a late offload and you have a very handy player. He will never be fast enough to simply trudge forward, land on his tummy and get up for a quick play-the-ball...that's what Lawrence is there for.

AFB is running straight and getting the results of his huge mass hitting the line.

Well played tonight :clap:
With his sedate rate of progress, it doesn't appear to be his momentum which is bending the line. It is entirely his pure strength. He contacts (I won't say hits) the line, defenders jump aboard, and he simply powers on for a further 10 metres. Not sure if I have ever seen such a style before...

He is doing a degree in politics and international relations at uni in his spare time.

If I were targeting anyone for lack of straight running it would be kapow. Runs too many sideways runs and forgets the impact his size could have. Kapow consistently ran sideways to look for Blake Austin all game. He still played well but pick him out on your line to the ball and hit him head on not skipping sideways at him

The guy is still a foetus when you think about front rowers,we all expect him to be Glenn Lazarus,but he is going great.This year and last year are all learning/experience for a young front rower,he will develop into a starter in time and learn how to balance his workrate like Taupau and the best over time.The hardships and growing pains he is experiencing now will shape him for the future.As long as we balance our salary cap over the next few years I like the direction we are heading....

Interesting, isn't it. I thought it was a disaster offering DCE that contract, but it seems this is almost the norm now. The fact that Nth QLD are paying a forward almost the same, quickly shut my criticism of that contract right down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4