Addin and Siro

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Indy0204

Reserve Grader
Does anyone know the extent of Addin and Siro’s injuries? Des said that Addin should be OK, but nothing about Siro.

Curtis Sironen was beginning to despair. The big bloke had been playing first-grade rugby league for eight years but had never had a season without serious injury. And here he was, round one of 2020, unable to take the field without anti-inflammatories, unable to walk after the game, suffering the painful foot ligament inflammation, plantar fasciitis. It was going to be a long season.

The 26-year-old Manly Sea Eagles forward was spending so much time at the Cultivate Recovery centre, in inner Sydney’s Darlinghurst – think hyperbaric chambers and oxygen therapy – the joint was like a second home. When the people there started talking about a meat-only diet, he thought they were mad. He loved his fruit and potatoes way too much. But he was getting desperate: “I was willing to try anything.”

The Cultivate Recovery people put him in touch with “ancestral nutrition and holistic coach” Dominic Rapson, just as COVID-19 was shutting everything down. Bali-based Rapson, a British nutritionist with bath-plug ear piercings and a Ganesha tattoo, had been vegan for two years until 2013. But now he was talking up a meat diet, encouraging Sironen to not just eat steak but to get plenty of seafood and bone broth. And don’t forget the offal.

“I can’t see myself ever going back. it’s working for me.”
Sironen had always thought he had a good diet. Plenty of fruit and vegies. Weet-Bix, strawberries and honey for breakfast. He liked a steak, sure, but he always loaded up on pasta before game day. He wondered where he’d get the energy from if he didn’t do those carbs.

League player Curtis Sironen poses with raw meat

But Rapson swung him around. And with the pandemic stopping the comp, Sironen felt he had room to experiment. On hard training days, Rapson let him have a few slices of artisanal sourdough with his four or five eggs and bacon for breakfast, but no more carbs than that. He’d never eaten so many oysters, and he was stretched in the kitchen: doing bone marrow with his steak; learning how to cook a roast.
He noticed the difference within weeks. His feet felt better. He got shredded. His cramping improved. Rapson adjusted the diet to put a few kilos of padding back on. When the season resumed, Sironen hurt a posterior cruciate ligament in one knee in the first game and presumed he was in for another six weeks of niggling pain. But he was back on the field two weeks later, pain-free.
“I can’t see myself going back [to a normal diet],” he says. “It’s working for me. I’m feeling good playing. I’ve got lots of energy during the day. I’m sleeping really well. It’s part of my routine now. I actually look forward to having my meals. It hasn’t got old.”

That magnificent photo of Siro will set the Vegan cause back years.
I did consider editing it out in case we upset the delicate sensibilities of the vegetarian among us. But bottom line is that humans are omnivorous creatures and like it not we are biologically quite adept at eating meat.

There's plenty more photos in the article with other athletes praising the meat only mantra

I did consider editing it out in case we upset the delicate sensibilities of the vegetarian among us. But bottom line is that humans are omnivorous creatures and like it not we are biologically quite adept at eating meat.

There's plenty more photos in the article with other athletes praising the meat only mantra

Deserves it's own thread ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4