Absolutely sums up Jake

rmd

Reserve Grader
In the last game against Scotland the English commentator remarked about Jake.

‘He’s a special player, he carries the ball like a front rower, he handles the ball like a half back and runs like an outside back’

It basically sums up how Jake adds value to a team.

‘Running like an outside back’ would have Turbo in stitches of laughter, however, I’d add ‘hits like a road train with a bull bar’

Reserve Grader
Premium Member

‘He’s a special player, he carries the ball like a front rower, he handles the ball like a half back and runs like an outside back’

‘Running like an outside back’ would have Turbo in stitches of laughter, however, I’d add ‘hits like a road train with a bull bar’
I think you’ll find he was referring to yeo

Bencher
Premium Member

It's easy to do when you're playing sheep

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
If every player who ever wore a Manly jersey played with as much passion and commitment as Jake, our matches would be sold out every weekend, every year.

One can only wish for the same passion, commitment, and unity from the club itself.

I discriminate indiscriminately

Was an easy mistake to make but he was talking about Yeo...
I know this because I thought the same when I was watching the game on Kayo and, despite being a big Jake fan, my immediate thought was "WTF did he just say?"
So I rewound the play and worked out he had gone straight from calling a Jake hit up into praising Isaiah...

First Grader
How I wish Jake did have those attributes.
If he was mentioned as a gutsy, whole hearted player with great defensive technique who can fill in as a set of hands - 1 off the ruck, I get it.
Yep would be a handy addition to Manly, but I get the feeling he will be a Panther the rest of his career.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
24 20 4 306 42
24 18 6 209 38
24 17 7 272 36
24 16 8 119 34
24 15 9 247 32
24 15 9 201 32
24 14 10 130 30
24 14 10 63 30
24 13 11 -36 28
24 12 12 -100 26