A shake up .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

brad

First Grader
While Dylan walker is out id be more confident going into round 1 with M Wright at fullback and Turbo to centre . Wright did a very good fill in job there last season and is a better 1 than 3 or 4 . Our problem in the early rounds is obviously our 3/4 and 6 , so i think Tommy would be just as effective in the centres , also taking the heat off young Croker . Croker will have less pressure with Tom off his hip other than Kelly or Wright.

What's that old saying ? you don't weaken one position to strengthen another. Tom better at fullback and Wright will be OK at centre

If you're going to play Tommy in the centres then play Hastings at fullback and at least take advantage of his goal kicking.

I still don’t understand why Hastings couldn’t be a better centre option than Matt W. I understand he probably never trained there in the offseason but I don’t know why that option falls on deaf ears..
He’s got every atribute of Matt Wright’s covered, except popularity among team mates. I would of experimented with it until Walker is back.
Maybe Trent wanted to get as much of a look at Jackson’s playmaking potential as he could and allow Croker to feel more in control of the playmaking duties. It might be distracting knowing your ‘understudy’ is on the field at the same time regardless of their position..
Still, I wonder if Trent considered that option. Too late I suppose, and I beleive we have a stronger full strength team than last year so bring on kick off!

TBH I doubt Barrett has even considered moving Tommy from fullback. He would have selected Walker's replacement, being Mr M. Wright esq. based on everyone else being in their regular positions.

I can see Brads point....but I feel Wright though no world beater, is solid and can get it done.
Tom could easily slot into centre in style and also believe he would make a great 5/8, especially off the back of 2nd phase....but as rightly pointed out, he is first and foremost a Champion fullback.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8