a new manly fan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
whilst i have been a manly supporter since noah played first grade my wife.... well she watches the games but hasn't been overly interested.
until last night that is. i convinced her to come down to watch the game live & i don't think i could have picked a better game. each time we scored or when the fights broke out she was out of her seat & cheering before i was.
after the game while walking back to the club she said to me 'i think we'll have to come back again next year'
looks like i will have to buy a season pass for her next year- and hopefully we will be able to join the mwts on an away trip as well.
also who had the 'push it up manly' banner after the game?
you came up near where were were sitting to give some storm supporters a bit of stick as they were leaving- you cracked us both up with your lines.

Let your lovely wife know our 2012 memberships go on sale next Monday. Team Manly Membership & I would love to look after her next year!

Go Manly!!

Larissa

Great story....the media are going nuts at present but I reckon 95% of footy fans loved it all!!

trevnev said:
Castle Eagle, Can you get your wife to have a chat to my wife?

mate, its a work in progress & a lot of time & effort so far!
she likes to deny that manly is her team yet when we watch a game at home she is right beside me cheering until i point it out.
but i'm certain friday night sealed it for us.

castle eagle said:
whilst i have been a manly supporter since noah played first grade my wife.... well she watches the games but hasn't been overly interested.
until last night that is. i convinced her to come down to watch the game live & i don't think i could have picked a better game. each time we scored or when the fights broke out she was out of her seat & cheering before i was.
after the game while walking back to the club she said to me 'i think we'll have to come back again next year'
looks like i will have to buy a season pass for her next year- and hopefully we will be able to join the mwts on an away trip as well.
you came up near where were were sitting to give some storm supporters a bit of stick as they were leaving- you cracked us both up with your lines.

It's one of my mates. He is a crack up. I'll pass this onto him. It would be good to have you on trips next year. Come say hi to us next time.

Jono said:
castle eagle said:

It's one of my mates. He is a crack up. I'll pass this onto him. It would be good to have you on trips next year. Come say hi to us next time.

Yeah right Jono. If you didn't have the drum, no-one would talk to you, as your brother is much better looking! ;)

Jake is the guy with the sign, and there were a couple of us 'encouraging' the Storm supporters as they left. Think of it as a community service. ;)

Make sure you join a MWTS trip as they are fantastic. Even I may have been seen on one or two....

By the way, welcome to the lovely Brookie Lounge castle_eagle! :)

Mark from Brisbane said:
And send me an e-mail so I can add you to the list Castle!!

already on your list, but commitments have stopped any hopes this year.
also been threatening the wife that if i go on a trip i will not take her unless she becomes a more vocal supporter!

Castle - you are lucky. I took my wife (when she was the GF) to the 1981Semi-Final against Newtown. The fight that day went for 20 mins and was the worst brawl I have ever seen. It took me 10 years to get her to a game again. Fortunately my daughters caught the Manly disease and have been the match-day companions ever since.

I took my wife to the last game of the season in the eighties against Parra and we lost all 3 grades and missed out on the finals. She has never been back. :(

ManlyBacker said:
I took my wife to the last game of the season in the eighties against Parra and we lost all 3 grades and missed out on the finals. She has never been back. :(

In 1991 I took my wife on our second date to Semi-Finals football at the SFS. She fell asleep. I warned her then that our relationship was going nowhere unless she gained an appreciation of Rugby League and understood what the Manly Sea Eagles meant to me. We've now been married over 19 years, and I can go to any Manly Sea Eagles game I want to (and can afford), whenever or wherever I want. Seeing as I live in Newey, I don't get to every game, but in the past few years have managed several trips to GC, Melbourne, NZ, Brisbane, and to Brookie many times, and she has come along too on some. :)
A supportive partner can make all the difference.

Newcastle_Scotty said:
ManlyBacker said:

In 1991 I took my wife on our second date to Semi-Finals football at the SFS. She fell asleep. I warned her then that our relationship was going nowhere unless she gained an appreciation of Rugby League and understood what the Manly Sea Eagles meant to me. We've now been married over 19 years, and I can go to any Manly Sea Eagles game I want to (and can afford), whenever or wherever I want. Seeing as I live in Newey, I don't get to every game, but in the past few years have managed several trips to GC, Melbourne, NZ, Brisbane, and to Brookie many times, and she has come along too on some. :)
A supportive partner can make all the difference.

trans tasman scotty.Doesnt drink as much as international scotty....lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4