A new form of player contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
With rumours circulating about us signing ‘bad boys’ like Bird and Lussick I’d like to suggest to Manly powerbrokers that they evoke a DISINCENTIVE contract. Pay them a good salary by all means, but insert penalty clauses, such as:
· The loss of $2,000 for every penalty that they concede
· The loss of $50,000 for every match they miss through suspension
I reckon, with the form of these two players in particular, that they would be paying the club by the end of the season.

KPI's for them. Mtrs gained, tackles made. Good passes thrown. Top running speed attained. Assists. on the plus side
Yellow carded, high shot, tackles missed, balls dropped etc on the minus side.

It's an interesting concept, but no player manager would ever let a player sign with those sort of concessions. Imagine Gavin Whore signing something that might see his cut dwindling after a few bad games or stupid decisions?

I'd rather see an incentive scheme, where players are given a minimum of meters, hit ups and tackles. Obviously it would be position dependent, as well as role dependent for each player. Exceeding your targets sees you earning bonuses. Thinks like tries, successful offloads, big hits and defensive efforts should earn a bonus: make it a flat rate for each player (say $1000 extra?) and it could be a third-party type deal to avoid salary cap issues. Call it "Kaspersky's big hits bonus", or "AAA Radiator's top offloads" and get fans to nominate etc for a bit of involvement and fun?

Given that there is usually a video session dissecting each game perhaps even the players could have a day in who deserves a bonus. You'd need a team in harmony however, as it could get nasty with mates nominating mates or other shenanigans.

It'll never happen though..

An interview with Danny Moore from the 90s that someone posted up here recently was interesting - he was enjoying himself because he got paid more if he was a) in 1st grade and 2) the team won. And they had strung a few wins together and he felt flush with cash! Ahhh for the days of winning bonuses...

An interview with Danny Moore from the 90s that someone posted up here recently was interesting - he was enjoying himself because he got paid more if he was a) in 1st grade and 2) the team won. And they had strung a few wins together and he felt flush with cash! Ahhh for the days of winning bonuses...
Man I remember getting paid $0-$50-$100 for loss, draw or win respectively!! When your an apprentice on about $250/wk that extra coin (all in caaaaassshh too!) was absolutely necessary!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7