A-Hyphenated-Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Point of trivia: there is an increasing number of NRL players with hyphenated surnames. In the past, I think this phenomenon was perhaps more common in Union. Many of the players with hyphenated names are NZ/Polynesian. With idle time this morning, I decided to compile a team list of current NRL players with these surnames. Hardest positions to fill were halves & back rowers.

1. Tiuvasa-Sheck (Warriors)
  2. Addo-Carr (Storm)
  3. Nicoll-Klokstad (Raiders)
  4. Kenny-Dowall (Knights)
  5. Watene-Zalesniak, M. (Panthers)
  6. Watene-Zalesniak, D. (Panthers)
  7. Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles)
  8. Fonua-Blake (Sea Eagles)
  9. Marshall-King (Dogs)
  10. Warea-Hargreaves (Roosters)
  11. Harawira-Naera (Dogs)
  12. Chee Kam Faitala-Mariner (Dogs)
  13. Fisher-Harris (Panthers)
  14. Harris-Tavita (Warriors)
  15. Campbell-Gillard (Panthers)
  16. Asofoa-Solomona (Storm)
  17. Hamlin-Uele (Sharks)
Of these, the only player with whom I'm not familiar is Hamlin-Uele, a front rower from the Sharks

Last edited:
Point of trivia: there is an increasing number of NRL players with hyphenated surnames. In the past, I think this phenomenon was perhaps more common in Union. Many of the players with hyphenated names are NZ/Polynesian. With idle time this morning, I decided to compile a team list of current NRL players with these surnames. Hardest positions to fill were halves & back rowers.

1. Tiuvasa-Sheck (Warriors)
  2. Addo-Carr (Storm)
  3. Nicoll-Klokstad (Raiders)
  4. Kenny-Dowall (Knights)
  5. Watene-Zalesniak, M. (Panthers)
  6. Watene-Zalesniak, D. (Panthers)
  7. Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles)
  8. Fonua-Blake (Sea Eagles)
  9. Marshall-King (Dogs)
  10. Warea-Hargreaves (Roosters)
  11. Harawira-Naera (Dogs)
  12. Chee-Kam (Tigers)
  13. Fisher-Harris (Panthers)
  14. Harris-Tavita (Warriors)
  15. Campbell-Gillard (Panthers)
  16. Asofoa-Solomona (Storm)
  17. Hamlin-Uele (Sharks)
Of these, the only player with whom I'm not familiar is Hamlin-Uele, a front rower from the Sharks

Drop the #17 then for our very own Dockar-Clay!

Drop the #17 then for our very own Dockar-Clay!

I considered Docker-Clay, but don't think he has played NRL yet - could happen this weekend if Api is ruled out. Interesting that ZDC is the great-grandson of Alec Dockar who played 7 tests for GB & England in 1946-47

Pangai junior, Tevita Harris, Faitala Mariner would prob make that 17

Not sure that Pangai Junior is a hyphenated name. Not familiar with Faitala Mariner

Last edited:
I considered Docker-Clay, but don't think he has played NRL yet - could happen this weekend if Api is ruled out. Interesting that ZDC is the great-grandson of Alec Dockar who played 7 tests for GB & England in 1946-47

Thank you, mistakenly wrote Harris-Tevita in my team. Not sure that Pangai Junior is a hyphenated name. Not familiar with Faitala Mariner
Tomato tomata lol

PS: I think you'll find Chee Kam isn't a hyphenated name either.

Correct, I saw his name in one place hyphenated - should have checked. Therefore need to replace him in the second row with Faitala-Mariner @:D

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7