A Different financial model for NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
This article was posted on another forum, an interesting article that NRL could take a page from. What BRL is missing is the strong leadership and control that NFL has over its team owners.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/600160-nfl-the-one-place-where-small-market-teams-can-still-thrive

Interesting article Captain.  I, like many on this forum are constantly frustrated by the lack of leadership when it comes to promotion and sponsorship with our great club.  I've been going on for years about the prospects in the PNG area, and, what do I read in today's papers, 'Broncos sign PNG for 250K'.  And other lesser clubs seem to have a monopoly on positive articles in the press.  Where are our positive stories?  All I read is that 'Wolfie', a marketable player if there is one, is to be muzzled from talking to the press by the club.  WTF.  It's frustrating that we have a very positive brand, are constant winners, and yet, can't seem to attract a major sponsor.  The club needs to urgently put the broom through our marketing division and bring in some professional people imho..         

DSM5 link said:
Interesting article Captain.  I, like many on this forum are constantly frustrated by the lack of leadership when it comes to promotion and sponsorship with our great club.  I've been going on for years about the prospects in the PNG area, and, what do I read in today's papers, 'Broncos sign PNG for 250K'.  And other lesser clubs seem to have a monopoly on positive articles in the press.  Where are our positive stories?  All I read is that 'Wolfie', a marketable player if there is one, is to be muzzled from talking to the press by the club.  WTF.  It's frustrating that we have a very positive brand, are constant winners, and yet, can't seem to attract a major sponsor.  The club needs to urgently put the broom through our marketing division and bring in some professional people imho..         

Sound Like you are joining the anti Loew/pro Mayer brigade DSM?

I believe the club is looking for a "marketing manager", and this might help the two current "causes" on this forum.

Website / Facebook / Twitter...getting it right.

Sponsor....getting one

That will only happen if they get the right person, and that will only happen if they are paying the right money.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186397.msg314689#msg314689 date=1297211013]
Interesting article Captain.  I, like many on this forum are constantly frustrated by the lack of leadership when it comes to promotion and sponsorship with our great club.  I've been going on for years about the prospects in the PNG area, and, what do I read in today's papers, 'Broncos sign PNG for 250K'.  And other lesser clubs seem to have a monopoly on positive articles in the press.  Where are our positive stories?  All I read is that 'Wolfie', a marketable player if there is one, is to be muzzled from talking to the press by the club.  WTF.  It's frustrating that we have a very positive brand, are constant winners, and yet, can't seem to attract a major sponsor.   The club needs to urgently put the broom through our marketing division and bring in some professional people imho..           

Sound Like you are joining the anti Loew/pro Mayer brigade DSM?

[/quote]
U dont have to be pro Mayer to be anti Lowe...U just want to see something positive happening

i was reading in tele  today that broncos are doing something  with PNG rugby league players any one know about this?? was in the tele site today didnt read it all just read that broncos have teamed up or got some agreement with PNG rugby league..  it also said that the partnership could destroy PNG  consortium bid in the NRL..

sorry it wasnt  tele it was on LEAGUE HQ...

From my understanding NFL have two levels of sponsorship, collective and corporate private sponsor. All club merch is Reebok, all players wear Nike shoes, all helmets and pads are Riddell and from sales of any of those the profits are spread evenly among the clubs.
Corporate private would be your clubs own training sponsors and in the NRL case, shirt/sleeve sponsor. Part of this though is NFL is very proactive and is run by priavte owners protecting their own brand, with their leader Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys owner) being very proactive in promoting the game and gaining recognition and sponsorships for all teams. If Jerry Jones was NRL CEo he would be hassling sonsors himself to get them to sign with Manly. I don't see Gallop, Brady or Mario Fenech (scarily Mario Fenech is in charge of NRL sponsorship) trying to push companies towards a club that doesn't have a major sponsor. They also have investors in the NFL but I don't get the ins and outs of this.
Another level is NFL controls all TV rights, has its own film companies and is very media friendly as a whole allowing a lot of access. They make their clubs be accessible on all levels, NRL still don't understand this even in the modern media era.

Mario Fenech?.......It all makes sense now.  Shubert doing the auditing and Fenech sponsorship.  They'll employ Coleman to do drug testing next.  How do these morons get these jobs.  Fenech?  My god.  We're doomed.

Wheel, I'm not pro or anti anyone.  I just want a couple of mil sponsorship. 

DSM5 link said:
Mario Fenech?.......It all makes sense now.  Shubert doing the auditing and Fenech sponsorship.  They'll employ Coleman to do drug testing next.  How do these morons get these jobs.  Fenech?  My god.  We're doomed.

Wheel, I'm not pro or anti anyone.  I just want a couple of mil sponsorship. 

Tandy to be the betting "watchdog"!!

jjai link said:
i was reading in tele  today that broncos are doing something  with PNG rugby league players any one know about this?? was in the tele site today didnt read it all just read that broncos have teamed up or got some agreement with PNG rugby league..  it also said that the partnership could destroy PNG  consortium bid in the NRL..

Broncos are going to have their short sponsored by the PNG NRL bid basically taking $250k from a third world country (great work Bronc's not).
Many Bronco fans are disgusted by this.

This has also cut the Titans grass as well, one of the guy's that was associated with the PNG bid is on the Titans board and was helping them out until this happened.

Captain of the Gate link said:
From my understanding NFL have two levels of sponsorship, collective and corporate private sponsor. All club merch is Reebok, all players wear Nike shoes, all helmets and pads are Riddell and from sales of any of those the profits are spread evenly among the clubs.
Corporate private would be your clubs own training sponsors and in the NRL case, shirt/sleeve sponsor. Part of this though is NFL is very proactive and is run by priavte owners protecting their own brand, with their leader Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys owner) being very proactive in promoting the game and gaining recognition and sponsorships for all teams. If Jerry Jones was NRL CEo he would be hassling sonsors himself to get them to sign with Manly. I don't see Gallop, Brady or Mario Fenech (scarily Mario Fenech is in charge of NRL sponsorship) trying to push companies towards a club that doesn't have a major sponsor. They also have investors in the NFL but I don't get the ins and outs of this.
Another level is NFL controls all TV rights, has its own film companies and is very media friendly as a whole allowing a lot of access. They make their clubs be accessible on all levels, NRL still don't understand this even in the modern media era.

Jerry Jones is a terrible example of a good owner. He has done more to harm the sport than any other in the past few years (Though Goodell is trying his best to outdo him). Super Bowl XLV is a great example of how Jerry will sell the game out to line his own pockets. Not to mention that he's run the Cowboys into the ground since their SB success of the 90s.

I did have a length reply typed up but managed to press F5 without realising what I'd done. I'll see if I'm sober enough after the footy tonight to actually reply properly.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186397.msg314740#msg314740 date=1297227466]
Mario Fenech?.......It all makes sense now.  Shubert doing the auditing and Fenech sponsorship.  They'll employ Coleman to do drug testing next.  How do these morons get these jobs.  Fenech?  My god.  We're doomed.

Wheel, I'm not pro or anti anyone.  I just want a couple of mil sponsorship.  

Tandy to be the betting "watchdog"!!
[/quote]

Funny stuff Tony.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=186397.msg314701#msg314701 date=1297213532]
i was reading in tele  today that broncos are doing something  with PNG rugby league players any one know about this?? was in the tele site today didnt read it all just read that broncos have teamed up or got some agreement with PNG rugby league..  it also said that the partnership could destroy PNG  consortium bid in the NRL..

Broncos are going to have their short sponsored by the PNG NRL bid basically taking $250k from a third world country (great work Bronc's not).
Many Bronco fans are disgusted by this.

This has also cut the Titans grass as well, one of the guy's that was associated with the PNG bid is on the Titans board and was helping them out until this happened.
[/quote]thanks ant  ..  your in the know ;)..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6