A begrudging thank you

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
I am known through my small town for two things, 1) being a die-hard Manly man and 2) my intense hatred for Billy Slater. This aside, a whole-hearted thank you goes out to Slater for the way he handled Wolfman's injury. I still think the bloke's an over-rated grub (eg the elbow on DCE in the 2nd half) BUT, I appreciate what he did for Wolfy.

There is no need to be begrudging about it. A lot of fans on here could do with a good dose of wake-up and join the human race again. As much as some love to fly the flag of hard-done-by underdogs, it doesn't always match reality. So embrace reality and humanity when you can and the world would be a better place. Kudos and complete respect to Billy and co for how you conducted yourself during the Wolfman injury incident. It was admirable and noteworthy.

HK_Eagle said:
There is no need to be begrudging about it. A lot of fans on here could do with a good dose of wake-up and join the human race again. As much as some love to fly the flag of hard-done-by underdogs, it doesn't always match reality. So embrace reality and humanity when you can and the world would be a better place. Kudos and complete respect to Billy and co for how you conducted yourself during the Wolfman injury incident. It was admirable and noteworthy.

Are you going to extend that kudos to the way they conducted themselves for the rest of the game ?

Slater was stuck between a rock and a hard place - he stayed there because he couldn't move! so he had no choice but to pretend to give a damn.

I take full responsibility for how I choose to see and interpret this world. I just don't get a buzz pushing that old cart of demonizing opposition to the point of blindness. Acts of humanity inspire me far more than hating on others because of the colori jersey (skin) they wear.

I said the same thing to someone at the club after game. I hate Slater with a passion but he won some respect with the way he handled that incident. Thanks Billy... But I still hate you.

Slaters humanity was obvious on field when Wolfie headbutted his sternum. Or maybe it winded him and he couldnt move :dodgy:

However he lost most of his Brownie points when he blatently elbowed DCE on the ground near the end of the Game.

Noticed on replay that young Storm winger Matt Duffie joined in the applause for wolf as he was carried off too. Not a big thing but a nice touch. I still hate the storm but credit where credit is due.

HK_Eagle said:

There is no place for sportsmanship in sport.
If you think that we should "embrace humanity" go and read the forum of another club, any club.These people would kill you if they got a chance. There's nothing to be nice about. All opposition fans hate us with a passion. We look a bit weak if we don't return the feelings.

Yeah, I have always hated Slater with a passion, at the game I thought the look on his face was for his own future, that he may of caused the injury and was worried about being put on report. But its clear now it was concern for wolfman, and for that I am thankful, a little impressed and certainly a slight bit softened in my disdain.

I am sure it will pass.

The tackle SHOULD be looked at, Slater was a good sportsman BUT there was a lot of wrestling and screwing around of bodies in the tackle....perhaps a chicekn wing??

Slater plays it tough, but he gives as good as he gets.

Congratulations and much respect go to him, the concern he showed in what turned out be a potential serious injury was heartwarming.

He was seeking out Wolfman today to get updates too. Thats a class person.

That said, I always love it when he is on the end of a Manly bellringer!

NYEagle

NYEagle said:
Slater plays it tough, but he gives as good as he gets.

Congratulations and much respect go to him, the concern he showed in what turned out be a potential serious injury was heartwarming.

He was seeking out Wolfman today to get updates too. Thats a class person.

That said, I always love it when he is on the end of a Manly bellringer!

NYEagle

Slater plays it tough ? Knees, Elbows and flying feet isn't tough in my books mate

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4