9 Yank Gould from Footy Show After Interview of Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It looks like Channel 9 have stood Gus down from the Footy Show after Gould had an unhappy interview with Gallop. 9 have succumbed to pressure to to silence Gus who took News to task for their running of the game and the debacle of the SBW situation.

I am no great fan of Gus but silencing him and placating the media company that runs the debacle is going to do nothing. Shame on Gyngell for not standing up to News - or is the fact they are guarding their TV interests related to this weak action.

Here is the Url to listen to the interview - Gus is maybe somewhat rude but to have him stood down for what happened on the footy show is appalling

http://media.dailytelegraph.com.au/multimedia/mediaplayer/index.html?id=1042

Aren't 9 and newslimited somewhere along the line the same media company?

LOL, I can't stand Gus, but fair dinkum how spineless are Channel 9. Maybe Gallop should just write down the questions he wants to be asked and Ch 9 can get that sycophant Weidler The Worm to do the interview, he can include a shameless plug for Anthony Mundine while he is at it.

don't think so Dan - i don't think there is any connection between PBL and News....although wouldn't surprise me if there was

Chip & Chase link said:
LOL, I can't stand Gus, but fair dinkum how spineless are Channel 9. Maybe Gallop should just write down the questions he wants to be asked and Ch 9 can get that sycophant Weidler The Worm to do the interview, he can include a shameless plug for Anthony Mundine while he is at it.

The should have another fight night on Footy Show:

1) Geyer vs Weidler
2) Gould vs Gallopp

Geyer was so right the way he stood up to Weidler. Weidler was jsut being a puppet and Geyer was speaking his mine....

Again I rate Geyer

Geyer was also yanked from the footy show last year after he spoke up against Gallop

Piss poor decision from ch 9, we need commentators of the game that speak their mind not News ltd lackeys

DVS Matt link said:
don't think so Dan - i don't think there is any connection between PBL and News....although wouldn't surprise me if there was

PBL (Packer) used to own Channel 9 outright, but they sold a majority (75%) shareholding last year to some Asian media company, but Packer probably still has some sway

However PBL (Packer) and News Ltd (Murdoch) own 50% each of FoxSports, they also own 25% each of Foxtel. Of course News Ltd own 50% of NRL. You do the math, that's why Gallop is a puppet.

Tbh, i can see why they did it after hearing the Gould v Gallop debate yesterday

Gus was hammering him, without giving him a fair chance to reply at times, which stunted the interview a wee bit

Gus should have been more clever, gone in with the opo guns last night on the radio, and taken the cannons onto TV, where more would be made of it

The interview was done on MMM and it is right that Gus hammered Gallop and didn't allow him to reply at times.

However, the big issue the way that News, Nine and the media companies control the peoples' game. Until a sporting body with a commitment to the sport rather than a TV product runs the game, the real issues in the game are not going to be dealt with.

This issue is symptomatic of a malaise in that free speech within the game is silenced.

Url of interview for those that would like to make up their own mind.

What it says to me is that Gallop is a News puppet!!

http://media.dailytelegraph.com.au/multimedia/mediaplayer/index.html?id=1042

Gallop my be a news puppet but all Gould does is talk over the top of him for the whole interview.  He is also very good at pointing out all the issues but he does not offer any solutions.  I understand that is Gallops job but there is no quick easy fix for the situation.  Gould is a just a boofhead footy player with a big mouth.

No get rid of Gould from the Roast too. Rub him out of commentary and TV all together

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4