6th....and Improving

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Early days but the record shows 4 wins and 3 losses....could easily be 5 and 2.

Star players are missing and after game 1, being honest....thought we would likely be 2 and 5 and about 12th at this stage.

There is a deep resilience and belief within this current playing group and to upset Raiders who have plenty of size, speed and almost full strength - Stunning effort to show the team is growing into a force once more.

Losing DCE with Raiders starting to look dangerous....I reckon the bookies would have had us at 6/1 at that stage....but the players defied the odds to win...and win well.
Take into account no Turbo our Strike player by a margin, our enforcer AFB - 1 of the games best front rowers today....Walker who is a Massive attacking weapon and with players no one had heard of only 2 months ago and a few players rated reserve grade at former clubs just adds icing to the team Des has watered with the main ingredients - Desire, belief and fighting spirit...building very, very well....at full strength could be a serious threat to some of those more fancied teams.

Anyways, to be 6th coming into Round 8 has to have exceeded most expectations......

Will be tough though now. At some point when the injuries pile up you can have all the heart in the world but it's too much to overcome. Good to get AFB back but need Turbs back but healthy. Can't rush anyone back and risk something happening again.

Will be tough though now. At some point when the injuries pile up you can have all the heart in the world but it's too much to overcome. Good to get AFB back but need Turbs back but healthy. Can't rush anyone back and risk something happening again.
A couple of tough but winnable games in the coming weeks. If we knuckle down and win 3 out of the next 4, we'll be sitting somewhere in the bottom half of the top 8 with a real push for top 4 with Turbo and Chez coming back.

The difference between a narrow loss to the dragons and a win on the weekend was the back 5.
Last week no-one in the back 5 made 100 metres, this week they all did.

We were 2 points behind the Raiders when DCE went off. So no AFB, Turbo, Walker or DCE... and we still iced them.

The next 4 games will be tough, but all winnable.

Bulldogs (H) - AFB returns
Broncos (A)
Sharks (A)
Titans (H)

Sharks are as injured as us, will be interesting to see how the sharks are cheating now a days though.
They are always cooking something.

• 😆
Reactions: Ben
I didn’t get as far as studying our draw but I admit I seriously was concerned we might struggle to win a game early on. It’s so great to see the team producing each week. Even our first two losses had positive signs, I thought at the time.
Now I am constantly revising my expectations!

DCE will be the biggest loss of all. When you lose a player like him mid game players lift and don’t think too much about it. Next week guys like Elgey and Croker will have the pressure all week of knowing they are THE playmakers. Different ballgame.

Titans and Bulldogs winnable but I wouldn’t underestimate either especially the Dogs. They are playing pretty enterprising footy .Can’t see us beating sharks away and think Brisbane will towel us up pretty badly with their speed unfortunately. As previous poster said effort can only get you so far and the defensive pressure takes it toll.

If we could jag two from four and sit 6 and 5 that would be an unbelieveable result and a massive credit to players and coaching staff given our injuries and give us a decent chance st the eight with players returning.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7