[Resurrected] 6 wks for Turbo and Walker (old news)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would be very surprised if either are back in 6 weeks. Seems very optimistic as both are reocurring injuries I'd be thinking 8 weeks is more likely

Especially with a competition with eight really good sides this year then rabble. Top 4 a lottery and missing it is a death blow. We have the toughness .. do we have the luck.

Damn sucks for Tom he would have won the dally m !! This is the 3rd time now I really hope tom explores other treatment options for his hammy because I don’t think the physio at the club is going to help him prevent this occurring again !!

I hope people at the club look into this further because Tom is a great player but he will never Reach his full potential when his hamstrings let him down

We can still win the Comp this year if we can win 3/6 ! I’m just worried Tom will do his hammy again if we go down the same treatment path of last year we need to try something different

Hi.

If any posters have an ear to Turbo's physios/trainers, it could be worthwhile asking whether they use the Glute-Ham Raise as a strengthening exercise. This exercise is supposed to "bullet-proof" the hamstrings, and is recommended by Joe DeFranco who trains NFL& NBA players.

New filth are reporting that Tom is more likely to be out for 8 weeks and as a consequence have written our club off for this season. The way they deathride our club suggests the fear they have about our team being successful. They harp on about our winning percentage without Tom. Yeah he is a vital player and our best one but there where they underestimate us is the team spirit we have and depth and experience we have in playing without him which we did last season and won big games without him including a final. Manly will modify their game it will be a less expansive game and the game right now is about fast play the balls and kick chase and doing the basics right, without him we will need more line drop outs and make the most of chances we create. This is another opportunity for our depth to shine. One thing this side has right now is belief and that will take us forward and if we can have a fit and healthy Tom back for a run at the finals we are going to be a team that teams will want to avoid!

Would rather he take a few extra weeks off now and figure out what is going on, and how to mitigate these issues.

We don't want him to end up like Foran who isn't even 30 years old but has been playing busted for years.

Probably explains why he just lays down now and doesn't try and run it back. It's bizarre

Snake was the same... kick returns were the weakest part of his game.

Michael Chammas from the SMH today:

Manly's Trbo boost
After knocking off competition frontrunners Parramatta on Saturday night, Manly's week could get even better with superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic eyeing to return in the next fortnight. Trbojevic has circled the round 12 clash with Penrith as his return date.

The club could be tempted to lean on the side of caution given his history of hamstring problems and hold him back for round 13 against the Warriors.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6