^6 players on interchange bench ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Just until the reggies get going ... why not have 6 players on the bench ... same number of interchanges ... but will allow the coach more variation ... and more players to get a run ...

Personally I would reduce the bench to 2 ... but I am a cranky old tnuc ...

As has been suggested I think the current 4 plus an 18th for HIA's only.

Gives a marginal reserve player at least 15 mins to show his abilities and covers if there is no return (at which time the coach can elect to use anyone on the bench).

Im all for a 6 man interchange in the world of HIA but you can only use 4 of them

So for example we could have Croker, Paseka, Keppie, Waddell, Gosie and Funa

In a normal game we'd prob just use the first 4, but say Parker gets injured or HIA, then we can bring on Funa and not use Croker

The NRL have a lot of work to do in this area. Mitchell Pearce being selected this week sends shock waves. When I saw him stumble off the field on the weekend I thought he could be out for 3 to 4 weeks. He couldn't move his legs properly and was dragging his right foot. It was a sickening sight seeing the young fella in Disneyland. I reckon WP must be most concerned.

The NRL have a lot of work to do in this area. Mitchell Pearce being selected this week sends shock waves. When I saw him stumble off the field on the weekend I thought he could be out for 3 to 4 weeks. He couldn't move his legs properly and was dragging his right foot. It was a sickening sight seeing the young fella in Disneyland. I reckon WP must be most concerned.

I think it's well documented that people react differently to concussion. Pearce does not have a history of concussion as far as I can recall, so he may well pull up fine with a couple of days rest. Had it been someone like Keary for instance then you would be right to exhibit concern.

Bottom line is that he will have to pass all the concussion protocols before being allowed to play, in this day and age they will not take a risk with him. I have no problem with him being named, it's no more a guarantee he will play than had he come off with a knee injury. If he's fit he'll play, if he isn't he won't. But if they don't name him in the 21 then he is absolutely no hope of playing. They are just covering a base for a key player, as would we.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7