• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
After 5 rounds we are 5th.

We sit 2 points behind first.

Second in attack, 3rd in defence and second best F/A.

Cant help but get excited over the medium term future.

Could be undefeated first if we'd stayed focussed for 80 minutes every game. Having blind refs hasn't helped our cause either.

Ithout the parra Fu we would be in second, equal first.

I think I need to get a shirt with 5th on it, and might get that set on my head stone. It's as catching as "doh!"

If you have a look at the sides currently sitting outside the Top 8, it is very difficult to imagine many of them will challenge for a finals berth - perhaps the Eels if they get their heads together.  I would suggest it's a question of where in the 8 we will finish now.

A bit early in the season to start writing off sides. A lot of water still to pass under bridges before October. There are sides who are  definitely looking like they have improved on last year...Us, Souths, Tigers, Roosters and Warriors. Others have looked to have gone backwards.....Dogs, Broncos and Eels. Storm and Dragons still look like top 4 material. Cowboys and Titans fortunes ride with fitness of Prince and Thurston. Sharks are the only side that I'd say with any confidence can't make the 8 at this early stage.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that we don't have anymore major injuries and that the rep seasons are kind to us.

odsT13c5.gif

Final 8 candidates from bottom 8:

Roosters - big maybe
Cowboys - No Thurston, Payne and Willia Mason destabilising them.  Gone.
Bulldogs - as Ridgepipe has alluded to, they look in trouble.  Old halfback, one-dimensional forwards.  Unlikely
Eels - still possible, but you have to question their whole club culture on what they've shown so far.
Raiders - Can't win away from home.  Unlikely
Knights - Drug scndals, rookie coach, injury concerns.  Gone
Sharks - Dreadful
Broncos - Hard to see them getting off the canvas.  They may get players back from injury, but they will still be decimated by the rep season. Gone

A lost can happen in 19 or whatever rounds of footy so i won't call anyone "out of it" yet. Though would say the sharks are not offering much neither are the broncos. The only positives for those teams is that they may be ok when it comes to origin, though I imagine the Broncos will lose 1 or 2

I think 5th should be the goal from here on in. I can't see us finishing above Dragons/Storm/Tigers/Titans. I think Souths are the only other team that can usurp us (I don't think Panthers will).

Just read that someone has put $5000 on the Broncs to win the comp @ $53

Should have just donated to charity

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Just read that someone has put $5000 on the Broncs to win the comp @ $53

Should have just donated to charity
  They'll look to lay it off if the Bongos string a few wins together. 

Titans have only played 1 decent game of football and that was the other day against the storm, they have been damn lucky against some crap opposition

Dan, you're right re the Titans.  They were extremely lucky beating the Storm.  Two lucky penalties which I think were undeserved.  They can win at home, but away against top opposition?  Souths have been coming along, but really, they have not beaten any top sides and the Tigers have a depth problem, especially now around the halves.  We can, and should finish in the top four.  Our guys is playing well as a team and I see a great deal more improvement in them.     

Should finish in the top 4 with a new 1, 6 & 7?

Top 8 is a good year top 4 would be sensational

Fluffy link said:

We finished the regular season 5th (should have been 4th but for the Titans debacle) with Orford at half, Lyon reluctantly in 6 and Robbo at fullback.  Our halves already look better than that this year and Farrar is better than Robbo.

Top 4 VERY possible, Titans will get the jitters again towards the end, the other sides in the top 4 now are very much contenders.

Considering the major strike weapon we don't have, it's a very good position to be in, although I feel we'll know more about 9.00pm next Monday night.

Yea, great to see the Maroon & Whites get a good win for their first home game of the season!

Sure, the sharks performed pretty poorly for much of it, but a good win nonetheless!

Course;
the Storm (@ Melbourne) next week,
then Titans (@ Manly),
then Rabbitohs (@ Homebush),
then Dragons (@ Manly)
..make for a tough next 4 rounds..
Then the round after that are the easy-beat softies the Eels (@ Manly) thankfully - notch up the 2 points for that one already :p.

The Sea Eagles have a good team, and can be really competitive in both defense & offense when they are on their game across the park.
Come on boys!

Fluffy link said:

New 1, 6, and 7 is not such a problem if they are quality. Dogs had a new 7 & 9 last year,plus about half a new team and did OK.

After our team bashes the Storm on Monday our odds might mysteriously begin to shrink quite dramatically.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4