5th tackle options

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We were schooled by Parra on how to play smart footy. They are known for their attack but they hammered us in the first half playing simple footy and kicking to the corners. Other than the bad touchie call and tries either side of halftime, it was 4 plays in the first half cost us the game.
After all the defensive pressure we had and fighting fatigue we had 4 opportunities attacking eels line and twice kicked the ball dead for a 7 tackle set (hardly what you need under fatigue) and another 2 times caught running on the last for no result. A SMART footy team/captain had to take control and look for a repeat set. We were better in the 2nd half and I can only imagine Des had a talk to Chez. If we just play smart simple footy we have enough talent to win us games without trying for the silly miracle play all the time.

We were schooled by Parra on how to play smart footy. They are known for their attack but they hammered us in the first half playing simple footy and kicking to the corners. Other than the bad touchie call and tries either side of halftime, it was 4 plays in the first half cost us the game.
After all the defensive pressure we had and fighting fatigue we had 4 opportunities attacking eels line and twice kicked the ball dead for a 7 tackle set (hardly what you need under fatigue) and another 2 times caught running on the last for no result. A SMART footy team/captain had to take control and look for a repeat set. We were better in the 2nd half and I can only imagine Des had a talk to Chez. If we just play smart simple footy we have enough talent to win us games without trying for the silly miracle play all the time.
There’s been plenty of times when DCE threads the ball beautifully between the opposition players, for those much needed repeat sets. Tonight was not one of those nights. Really poor tbh.

Average from the cap tonight.

This is not aimed at you mate but if his attack tonight was "average" then his average in attack is not good enough. Moses outpointed him easily.

His defence was very good... as it usually is.

I fear his attack is only good when we are dominating. There is just something missing when we are under the pump where marquee players should be rising.

Sorry DCE.

He has not had a game like that for a while, hopefully only a one off.
Been playing great since Des took the reigns , Back at em next week Cherry !!

Chez has played his best footy with Foran and Green partnering him. Both have great kicking games. Chez is great and this team is great BUT we will never win a comp without knowing how to build pressure.

I’m pretty sure Walker kicked quite a few last night, so we can’t blame the 6 for not kicking.

im always of the opinion that DCE plays well when his 9 is organising the play and calling where he wants his players to run.

it’s really out 4th tackle options that are poor. You need and wide run with a fast play of the ball and the run needs to be targeted at a smaller player by a big fast body.

Too many times the 4th tackle option is Tommy or a back that gets to his feet too slow or tries for too much in the tackle. We rarely seem to get the opposition on the back foot around the last play.

Croker can kick...
He needs to start imo.
I agree. Can't understand some of the love for Levi on here. He can pass but can't kick, no running game, and is shrugged off on tackles like a leaf in a gale.

I’m pretty sure Walker kicked quite a few last night, so we can’t blame the 6 for not kicking.

im always of the opinion that DCE plays well when his 9 is organising the play and calling where he wants his players to run.

it’s really out 4th tackle options that are poor. You need and wide run with a fast play of the ball and the run needs to be targeted at a smaller player by a big fast body.

Too many times the 4th tackle option is Tommy or a back that gets to his feet too slow or tries for too much in the tackle. We rarely seem to get the opposition on the back foot around the last play.

Walker needs to work on a quicker kick release if he’s going to be decent from our own half. I think DCE is too often out of position and flat on the 5th, most likely caused by our attacking plays on the 4th and the fact that he is so often backing up. He really needs to put a bit more effort into getting deeper after the play breaks down on the 4th to buy time. He could also use some help from the big men blocking pressure.

I would like to see Levi work a kick into his game, it doesn’t have to be brilliant just good enough to get us out of trouble. Maybe Garrick or someone else has a sufficient boot that could be used?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6