5 things we learnt today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need a good goalkicker, we need to learn how to kick field goals, we need a dummy half who can pass off the ground with accuracy, we need to show commitment and dive on the ball, and we need to learn how to kick field goals

He is just about the worst thrower of a long pass that I have ever seen but he has some rare abilities as a solo man up thru the middle at times. His intent is so great and he does not seem to be fatigued when the game is on the line. His halves partner will vanish unless he gets going. Josh Reynolds is a hooker and will represent again if they start using him in that role.

We learnt the team defensively has improved....
Round 1 Dogs made breaks at will & put easy points on.
This game could score off Falcons & lucky kicks.
Manly attack - too 1 out - attacked with purpose 3 times last night with support pushing up for 3 line breaks....not rocket science to say 3 out of 3 is good odds....but why only these odd occasion??
The effort was there & watching the game, felt we should have been up 18-0 mid first half.

Remember when Canterbury tried to entice Foran by offering up Reynolds? We should have grabbed him. Grubby, but crops up to win tough games regularly.

Well 5 things I've learned are, 1) The boys busted their arses last night, a huge difference to round 1, it all changed back at the Cowboys game and they've done pretty well since. 2) Ex Manly coaches seem to have the wood on us, and I'm not sure how that changes and the longer that goes the more like the Sharks we become, this is a huge concern in the years to follow. 3) Our halfback most certainly needs a decent 5/8 as a foil, when he's had one he's played like a proper half ( or been allowed to). 4) We are in desperate need of a decent goal kicker for 2017, without one we will continue to lose more than we win. We also need a back up should first choice be injured AND can they practice field goals as well please. 5) And anyone thinking Twenty doesn't have the Manly passion only had to look at him down on the sidelines for extra time, he's only a rookie but will be better in 2017 for the experience.

Last edited:
Remember when Canterbury tried to entice Foran by offering up Reynolds? We should have grabbed him. Grubby, but crops up to win tough games regularly.

he would have lost his grubbiness in a Manly jersey :nod:

The two teams I hate the most are Eels and Dogs and we keep losing to them... That's the hardest pill to swallow in all this. Losing by golden point to Penrith or Titans wouldn't hurt this much.

Next season can we please lift against these two teams ffs

We need a good goalkicker, we need to learn how to kick field goals, we need a dummy half who can pass off the ground with accuracy, we need to show commitment and dive on the ball, and we need to learn how to kick field goals
We need a coach that has your vision Chippy

Let's look back to those close games we lost this year and if we had turned them into wins,I'm sure we'd be top4 so in saying that overall it hasn't been that bad,yhe sure we should and could have done better in closing out those games,but yes I'm optimistic going into next year knowing that we can compete with the top sides,last nights game if killer had his kicking boots on we'd all be cheering today,so we move on to next week and if the boys put on a performance like last night then I'll be proud as a sea eagle supporter,cheer up guys our time will come again.

Congratulations to whoever was responsible for turning the Manly pack into a decent unit.
Brickbats to everybody associated with coaching the backline. This is not how Manly plays!
Track down David Heath who coached our Under 20s to a grand final last season, and get him back at all costs.

You could add......

6). Manly will not be a true contender with Api as our first choice hooker.
I agree. I also initially thought he might add value at 6 but Daly needs someone that can be consistent and not chime in to the attack when there's something on. With killer by his side DCE could show why he is worth that money.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2