5 Things We learnt about Manly Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
1) K Foran is the Ying to Daly's Yang. We are a much more complete attacking side with the option of one of them on either side of the field.
Kfoz's short kicking game in sublime probably one of the best in the comp.
We don't play for 17 days now lets hope he can get the ankle and hammy right, we can't win the comp with out him.

2) Jamie Lyon is probably the most complete centre I have ever seen, in defence he's like a titanium wall that the attack just can't penertrate. In attack he and Glenn Stewart provide the closest thing to a Rugby League orgasm I have ever seen. Then on top of that he kicks goals and has a great kicking game.

3) DCE isn't our messiah he is a young kid with a stack of potential and still a work in progress. However at the 71 minute mark i think the kid won the game for us. We were gone, they had us under the pump and we couldn't get the ball out of our 20 and 3 times in the same set he ran the ball out of dummy half to scramble meters. His combination on the right with Glenn and Killer is the most leathal attacking side in Rugby League

4 Jason King - The quiet achiever. 2 weeks now he hasn't played and 2 weeks we have lacked a little in go forward. He's not a Shane Webke superstar front rower but he's gets the job done both in attack and defence and the fact we notice his work when hes not there to complete it says alot about the man.

5 If the semi's started next week we would be in some trouble we lack patience at times when we are attacking the line and we are still prone to the defensive lapse up the middle but those things can be fixed. However we still know how to grind out a close game and get the two points.
I think 8-5 after the first 13 weeks suits us nicely. Hopefully over the break we can get the contract stuff sorted and the Toovey and the lads can put their heads down and be ready for the Battle Of Brookie Mark 2, we will never get Melbourne at a better time.

Agree x 5. Once DCE and Foz have a few more games together our attack will fall into place. King is missed massively!! Killer is one of the best and most complete players ive seen take to the field.

Agree with that but make it 6 points. Joe was outstanding and probably one of the best dollar values we have seen. And he was my MOM last week.

Yeah Joe has had great games the last few weeks, really starting to fire big time after slow start coming back from injury

ManlyBacker said:
Agree with that but make it 6 points. Joe was outstanding and probably one of the best dollar values we have seen. And he was my MOM last week.

If you want edit it make it six.
I was gonna have a chat to dan and see he would be interested in me doing something like this every week.

I think CF2 has the big analysis covered but I wouldn't mind throwing in as an article of 5 or 6 short sharp observations.

voicefromthehill said:
Judging by my number of angry texts tonight the team had a more complete performance.

Cam - would love your weekly insights, but promise it will be without the phrase

Merkin.... :D
dont use that word buddy :)

the eagle does lol

Cameron said:
ManlyBacker said:

I was gonna have a chat to dan and see he would be interested in me doing something like this every week.

I think CF2 has the big analysis covered but I wouldn't mind throwing in as an article of 5 or 6 short sharp observations.

Go for it. There was no criticism intended. Just that I have loved the work Joe does in both attack and defence and wanted to throw that in to the mix.

ManlyBacker said:
Cameron said:
ManlyBacker said:

Go for it. There was no criticism intended. Just that I have loved the work Joe does in both attack and defence and wanted to throw that in to the mix.
lol thats the problem with typing, i wasnt offended stu i was just being lazy i know you have access to editing posts so was getting u to do the werk :D

Cameron said:
lol thats the problem with typing, i wasnt offended stu i was just being lazy i know you have access to editing posts so was getting u to do the werk :D

That'd be 'work', but edit it yourself :)

Cameron said:
voicefromthehill said:
Judging by my number of angry texts tonight the team had a more complete performance.

Cam - would love your weekly insights, but promise it will be without the phrase

Merkin.... :D
dont use that word buddy :)

the eagle does lol

OK no imbecile either ;)

Correction Jamie Lyon is the most complete footballer not just a centre. He would have to be one of the best players to play for manly let alone the entire game

The calmness he showed tapping that grubber in for oldie was brilliant. Absolute gem of a player. Best center i have seen in 20 years.

Daniel said:
Correction Jamie Lyon is the most complete footballer not just a centre. He would have to be one of the best players to play for manly let alone the entire game

He reminds me so much of Bob Fulton the skills he has. I honestly can't split them. He is truely a legend as a player and a person.

Also Dean Whare had a great, solid, mistake free game tonight- I couldn't stop thinking all night that he will be missed next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6