5 stages of Grief - Where are you at ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Catch_20_2

Reserve Grader
Well, its been a roller coaster ride over the last 6 months. So many highs and lows punctuated by last night's effort. I read posts where people were attacking players integrity, accusing them of all sorts of wrong doing. Suspecting them of tanking, not trying, being soft, infighting, being greedy etc etc. I didn't want to post because I was upset, angry, frustrated as well and didn't think more destructive commentary on last night's game would help.

I reflected back to the Simpon's episode where Homer eats a poisonous puffer fish and is thinks he is going to die, these are his reactions to the news of his impending doom when discussing his situation with Dr Hibbert.

Hibbert: You can expect to go through five stages. The first is denial.
Homer: No way, because I'm not dying!
Hibbert: Second is anger.
Homer: Why you little... Da-! Guuuuuh! Yaaaaah!
Hibbert: After that, comes fear.
Homer: (paranoid) What's after fear? What's after fear?
Hibbert: Bargaining.
Homer: Doc, you've got to get me out of this. I'll make it worth your while.
Hibbert: And finally, acceptance.
Homer: Well, we've all got to go sometime.
Hibbert: Mr. Simpson, your progress astounds me.

translating this into a Manly fan last night .....

Hibbert: You can expect to go through five stages. The first is denial.
Manly Fan : Lucky tries. We'll turn it around, just a slow start. They'll run out of gas like last year and we'll roll over them.
Hibbert: Second is anger.
Manly Fan : Bloody NRL, this should be our home game at Brookie. Hayne you're a disgrace you're killing us again and if you're going to use fake tan at least choose a more natural color, you should have retired after last year's grand final. Catch the f%&ing ball Jorge.
Hibbert: After that, comes fear.
Manly Fan : Oh god no please don't kick to Jorge again, have mercy !!!!!!
Hibbert: Bargaining.
Manly Fan : If we can just get some penalties and field position we can still turn around the score.
Hibbert: And finally, acceptance and a bit of hope.
Manly Fan : Well, we've had a good run. Beaten by a better team on the night. Injuries to key players, loss of form, off field dramas have all taken their toll. Hopefully we can get a win next week then who knows.

We'll start to rebuild over the off season - it's not the end of the world. We'll say goodbye to one or more long term players who I have loved watching and been proud to support over the years. I don't begrudge them wanting to move on and wish them all the best with their new clubs. Their career is only short and they need to do what they think is best for them and their families.

Hibbert: Manly Fan, your progress astounds me.

So what were your emotions during the 5 stages of grief last night ?
Which stage are you at now ?

P.S. Hats off to @Ryan, I think he reached stage 5 not long after kick off.

Good work. Gotta love a Simpsons analogy..
Homer, making all Dads/Husbands out there look good for 20+ years.
I love Homer... :p

Acceptance. In saying that I am very happy and proud manly supporter. To come 2nd with our supposed deficiency in the forwards is no mean feat....go manly

Acceptance. It is was it is. It's a forwards game and three of our best are on the sideline.
The club is used to adversity. Manly will work things out and move in a successful direction.

I was at manly beach today - wearing Manly gear.

A gentleman walked past and said "A day of upset for us!"

So I am not sure what stage we are at!

And if it was one of you.....you saw ge+wife+hat!

globaleagle said:

Hey. That was me!

Catch_20_2 said:
Manly Fan : Bloody NRL, this should be our home game at Brookie. Hayne you're a disgrace you're killing us again and if you're going to use fake tan at least choose a more natural color, you should have retired before last year's grand final. Catch the f%&ing ball Jorge.

Great post, but one minor correction...

Clint said:
globaleagle said:

Hey. That was me!

Oh I know what you look like! T'wasn't you! :p

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8