5 day turnarounds.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I reckon that as part of the new TV deal all clubs should be guaranteed a minimum 6 day turnaround. It is the only plausible reason for that exceedingly tired is play from us tonight. I felt sorry for King. He deserved better.

I agree in feeling sorry for Kingy, other than that there is no excuse for what happened tonight.

Matabele in this year of a new TV deal being negotiated the NRL cannot afford to have us win the premiership again. They are desparate for a Saints,Tigers,Souths, Broncos or Dogs to play in the Grand final and will do everything they can to disadvantage us as is so obvious in the draw and scheduling of our games, The advantages afforded to the likes of Broncos are nothing short of match fixing.

mickqld said:
Matabele in this year of a new TV deal being negotiated the NRL cannot afford to have us win the premiership again. They are desparate for a Saints,Tigers,Souths, Broncos or Dogs to play in the Grand final and will do everything they can to disadvantage us as is so obvious in the draw and scheduling of our games, The advantages afforded to the likes of Broncos are nothing short of match fixing.

I agree. Blind Freddie can see the Broncos are at a huge advantage. They are 4-0 against sides on the 5 day turnaround.

Matabele said:
Have you played football CC?

Check last weekends ESL we have nothing to complain about.

Sides play on Good Friday (against traditional rivals) and then play on Easter Monday - fielding the same lineup unless injured.
Not to mention that the Challenge Cup for Super League sides start this weekend.

What they served up was appalling football. Not from our junior players but our seniors did little

It was obvious from the start we weren't really switched on. Mentally and/or physically jaded. I have no doubt the short turnaround is a factor, on top of all the travel to start the year.

Matabele said:
mickqld said:

I agree. Blind Freddie can see the Broncos are at a huge advantage. They are 4-0 against sides on the 5 day turnaround.

Hit the nail on the head guys. Whilst I haven't played first grade, I have played footy for a number of years and to have a 5 day turnaround is very draining. Make no mistake, we are copping it in the ass with our scheduling

eagles2win said:
Matabele said:

Sides play on Good Friday (against traditional rivals) and then play on Easter Monday - fielding the same lineup unless injured.
Not to mention that the Challenge Cup for Super League sides start this weekend.

What they served up was appalling football. Not from our junior players but our seniors did little

but do you see the difference? If all the teams played on the Friday and all on the Monday there is no advantage for 1 team over the other. Unlike this game.

eagles2win said:
Masked Eagle said:
Its only an excuse. We've played a few 5 day turn arounds in the last few years and haven't played as poorly as that.

Exactly.

Exactly, exactly.

1- did they not know they had a 5 day turn around?
2- did they have a drink after the Penrith win? Alcohol impedes the recovery process.
3- If people earn between 1k and 6k a week, then a decent performance every 5 days should be expected, and demanded.

mmmdl said:
eagles2win said:
Matabele said:

but do you see the difference? If all the teams played on the Friday and all on the Monday there is no advantage for 1 team over the other. Unlike this game.

They do have a fixed schedule. So all an sundry know what's coming up.

The tv channel has to work around that probably the main difference and no not one of the big teams is favored.

Does 6,7, or 5 days affect your handling ?

Pre-game i expected the young guys to do it tough to keep up the effort for 2 weeks in a row

thought that Brookie would get us home

TokyoEagle said:

Pre-game i expected the young guys to do it tough to keep up the effort for 2 weeks in a row

Inconsistent turnarounds affect your preperation. 5 day turnarounds are very difficult, the first 3 days the guys are getting over soreness and niggling injuries. The first couple of days are spent with physio's and in the pool. That leaves you 1 day to do some ball work and defense work, then the 5th day is game day. Throw in a few young guys that are not used to this schedule, as the lower grades tend to be pretty consistant and it's a recipe for fatigue, both physicaly and mentally.

Mental fatigue is was on display in fine form last night

MPC75 said:
TokyoEagle said:

Inconsistent turnarounds affect your preperation. 5 day turnarounds are very difficult, the first 3 days the guys are getting over soreness and niggling injuries. The first couple of days are spent with physio's and in the pool. That leaves you 1 day to do some ball work and defense work, then the 5th day is game day. Throw in a few young guys that are not used to this schedule, as the lower grades tend to be pretty consistant and it's a recipe for fatigue, both physicaly and mentally.

Mental fatigue is was on display in fine form last night

Judging by Toovey's comments in today's SMH, he seems to agree with my thoughts.

Not only the Broncos have had the easy 7 day scheduling so too have the Dogs and the Storm. Both those teams have had 1 shorter turn around game both being a Sunday arvo game then playing Friday night which is hardly demanding and the dogs lost that fri game and looked flat doing it the Storms short turn around cant even be counted as both games were at home anyway.. Every other game has been 7 or 8 day turn arounds for them as well. We have had 2 x 5 day turn arounds 1 of them being both away games. This is a ****ing disgrace that this sort of rubbish goes on in a supposedly professionally run game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2