4 spots to fill .. updated ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've got film from a trip to China from 1983 that hasn't been developed for as long as Anderson is taking. Definitely needs an encouraging boost to the derriere

Look I’ll admit I know **** all BUT to me aren’t development contracts given to primarily younger players who are trying to break in to the top grade.

They get about $60k a year ( not huge but possibly similar to an everyday job out there ) and the carrot is they get moved into the 30 thus moving to I think about $110k a year as a minimum.

I didn’t think development contracts were meant for what are largely reserve graders who I believe aren’t full time footy players.

Surely after about 4 maybe 5 years on this it’s either time for him to get a normal job or step up to the plate.

He's related to the Manly GOAT.

His father was a Chris LYONS.

He's not that different a player to Cliffy circa 1987 small whippet with lightning speed. Vision and subtlety with hand and foot at fullback. Last time I seen Jade play I formed the view he should never play wing, it's fullback may be five eight if the defence improves or nothing.

I though club might cut him loose, given he didn't get a run at fullback during backend last year.

Club must think the potential is there. They have spent longer developing him than anyone else I can think of.

I don't think the club can do anything about it this year,he is contracted from last year through 2021.Doubt anyone would be prepared to pick up his contract and I think the only possible out is if we signed another guy on a minimum wage development contract(he would be on the 62K minimum I guess)We could then get away with not nominating him as part of the 36 man squad.
This would possibly mean we are paying a guy 62K for the year but it doesnt count against the cap (dead money)and he would be playing for Blacktown and not be available to play NRL at all,maybe it would count against our operations budget?
Another out would be if Blacktown were in a position and willing to pay him the contracted amount for the 2021 season?Don't know if it would require his agreement...
Guy is 180cm and 83kgs,he is not playing anywhere but fullback,looks like he has put a couple of kgs on from photos but unless he is going to seriously bulk up like Addo-Carr did I doubt he will play top level,maybe as an impact player off the bench,but doubt he is physically able to handle defense at top level.
Frustrating as has a serious skill set,but has had quite a few years to show some commitment to building himself up physically to play NRL.Could play 5/8 as he has played there in juniors but would be a turnstile in defense.Hope he has hit the weights hard in offseason or his time might be up after this year.

They must know something... surely or why extend?
someone explained it pretty well in the fainu thread

it's a win win for manly. He's currently exempt from our cap as long as he's under stand down policy (not sure the exact timeline hes exempt, and im pretty sure this is the case).

If he gets convicted, the contract is torn up and there isnt really any loss. We may also still get his brother Sione long term considering wha tthe clubs done for his family

If he gets off, we've signed him for long term on a below market contract, and also have first priority to his brothers (notably Sione) who are also supposed to be guns...

Two birds one stone, below market gun hooker (Nase), and long term investment in Sione (hopefully he gets a crack this year)

someone explained it pretty well in the fainu thread

it's a win win for manly. He's currently exempt from our cap as long as he's under stand down policy (not sure the exact timeline hes exempt, and im pretty sure this is the case).

If he gets convicted, the contract is torn up and there isnt really any loss. We may also still get his brother Sione long term considering wha tthe clubs done for his family

If he gets off, we've signed him for long term on a below market contract, and also have first priority to his brothers (notably Sione) who are also supposed to be guns...

Two birds one stone, below market gun hooker (Nase), and long term investment in Sione (hopefully he gets a crack this year)
Thank you - great points. Makes perfect sense... if Cust does a great job at 9

OK .. what's the current state of play

OUT

AFB .
Waddell ..
Thommo ..
Levi ..
Elliot ..
T-Rex ..
Metcalf ..
Hoppa ..
Titmuss (sadly)

In
Foran ..
Davey ..
Burbo ..
Miski ..
Saab
Aloaia
Tupaloopa
Koula
Weeks

Did I read that Miski had been elevated to top 30 ? .. Surely with the signing of Tupaloopa and Saab that is in hindsight an issue ... Can somebody with more knowledge than me give us a good read on who is top 30 and the 6 development players .. thanks

OUT

AFB .
Waddell ..
Thommo ..
Levi ..
Elliot ..
T-Rex ..
Metcalf ..
Hoppa ..
Titmuss (sadly)

In
Foran ..
Davey ..
Burbo ..
Miski ..
Saab
Aloaia
Tupaloopa
Koula
Weeks

Did I read that Miski had been elevated to top 30 ? .. Surely with the signing of Tupaloopa and Saab that is in hindsight an issue ... Can somebody with more knowledge than me give us a good read on who is top 30 and the 6 development players .. thanks
Hopefully add Garner - lose Jorge - off season done!

OUT

AFB .
Waddell ..
Thommo ..
Levi ..
Elliot ..
T-Rex ..
Metcalf ..
Hoppa ..
Titmuss (sadly)

In
Foran ..
Davey ..
Burbo ..
Miski ..
Saab
Aloaia
Tupaloopa
Koula
Weeks

See here - NRL 2021: Every club's full 30-man roster and development list

Top 30
1. Morgan Boyle
2. Daly Cherry-Evans
3. Lachlan Croker
4. Cade Cust
5. Andrew Davey
6. Kieran Foran
7. Tevita Funa
8. Reuben Garrick
9. Jack Gosiewski
10. Morgan Harper
11. Sean Keppie
12. Tolutau Koula
13. Haumole Olakau'ata
14. Brad Parker
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Jason Saab
17. Joshua Schuster
18. Toafofoa Sipley
19. Curtis Sironen
20. Moses Suli
21. Jorge Taufua
22. Martin Taupau
23. Ben Trbojevic
24. Jake Trbojevic
25. Tom Trbojevic
26. Christian Tuipulotu
27. Dylan Walker
28* Manase Fainu

Still got two spots in top 30, with the unfortunate passing of keith titmuss. Truly devestating

Manase fainu counted as 28 but pretty certain we can have a 31st player while he is stood down. So up to 3 spots that can still be filled.

Would love aloiai, garner and a HOOKER

Top 30
1. Morgan Boyle
2. Daly Cherry-Evans
3. Lachlan Croker
4. Cade Cust
5. Andrew Davey
6. Kieran Foran
7. Tevita Funa
8. Reuben Garrick
9. Jack Gosiewski
10. Morgan Harper
11. Sean Keppie
12. Tolutau Koula
13. Haumole Olakau'ata
14. Brad Parker
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Jason Saab
17. Joshua Schuster
18. Toafofoa Sipley
19. Curtis Sironen
20. Moses Suli
21. Jorge Taufua
22. Martin Taupau
23. Ben Trbojevic
24. Jake Trbojevic
25. Tom Trbojevic
26. Christian Tuipulotu
27. Dylan Walker
28* Manase Fainu

Still got two spots in top 30, with the unfortunate passing of keith titmuss. Truly devestating

Manase fainu counted as 28 but pretty certain we can have a 31st player while he is stood down. So up to 3 spots that can still be filled.

I really think we might get a surprise , still a few weeks to go before most of the horse trading will be finished !!

Last edited:
Top 30
1. Morgan Boyle
2. Daly Cherry-Evans
3. Lachlan Croker
4. Cade Cust
5. Andrew Davey
6. Kieran Foran
7. Tevita Funa
8. Reuben Garrick
9. Jack Gosiewski
10. Morgan Harper
11. Sean Keppie
12. Tolutau Koula
13. Haumole Olakau'ata
14. Brad Parker
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Jason Saab
17. Joshua Schuster
18. Toafofoa Sipley
19. Curtis Sironen
20. Moses Suli
21. Jorge Taufua
22. Martin Taupau
23. Ben Trbojevic
24. Jake Trbojevic
25. Tom Trbojevic
26. Christian Tuipulotu
27. Dylan Walker
28* Manase Fainu

They might upgrade Tenterfield from the development squad in order to strengthen our prop options.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4