3 Rumours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
1. Manly are keen on Anthony Griffin as assistant coach.
2. Jamie Lyon May not be for to start the season next year after having minor knee surgery.
3. Manly are close to signing Sika Manu.

DCE always wanted to play under Griffin, his dad's mate, according to many unsubstantiated other rumours.

bones said:
1. Manly are keen on Anthony Griffin as assistant coach.
2. Jamie Lyon May not be for to start the season next year after having minor knee surgery.
3. Manly are close to signing Sika Manu.

I can only see number 2 being on the money

Sika Manu could be another Big Joe type signing. Then again Mason, Mateo & Manu could be aged duds. The Triple Ms. Maybe we could call them the grill team.We did lack size and agression but are they up to our standard, which is to win premierships ?

Gee we are getting plenty of big islander style fowards....could this be the future, getting these big wrecking balls & adding some discipline, endurance & smarts to their natural powerhouse style of footy??
Happy to see how it works out....

I thought Manu was contracted to Panthers for another year or two. Not that that means much these days.

I'm not a fan of signing ex head coaches as assistants, they are generally only treading water until they get a better offer.

Better that Killer miss the start of the season then the end of the season. We need to test our centre depth anyway so it will be good experience for whoever gets the gig. Satini / Blair / Hiku

Sika Manu, age wise is actually heading into his prime. He played well for the Panthers with good impact off the bench. If recruitment can see him adding something then I'm all for it.

Anthony is a smart coach, he'd be a good addition to the club, even if only for a year or two.

That's not great news about Killer BUT prefer he was better in the second half of the season than carrying an injury for 26 rounds.

Not that fussed on Manu, my son in law is a Panthers fan so I watch a few of their games with him, Manu gets the droppsies ...a LOT.

Sika Manu hey...could be good, but I was hoping we would go after Jason Bakuya now that the Warriors released him to come back to OZ.

Manu is quality, and Griffin would be nice. He certainly had the Broncos playing good football toward the end of last year. The way he got Ben Hunt playing, he could do good things for DCE too.

No 1... Like the idea.
No 2... Surely if its only minor knee surgery he will be fit by RD 1 in March that's 5 months away ! ( I don't count the Nines Mickey mouse tournament)
No 3... Not sure although would continue to add size and depth

Agree with others on Killer. Would prefer he misses a few rounds early in the season. We've got some young-ins in Blair, Gutho, Hiku to cover backline positions, so let's use them and give them experience.

Not to mention Turbo as well.

Manu was one of the mainstays in that Storm pack,has played test football , won a premiership and is not over the hill.Top class player.He would be way more than a handy addition.He would walk into our run on pack.Starling is in our starting 6 and he wouldn't get near to a first grade spot at the Panthers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7