2V And the players in question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all with all this talk about players asking for realeases over the Gift no contract just wanted to know if the boys are pissed with 2V or just the board ? if there is a problem between coach and players that really is a problem after the last 6 weeks how could it work in 2015 near impossible one would think

From the F6 said:
Hi all with all this talk about players asking for realeases over the Gift no contract just wanted to know if the boys are pissed with 2V or just the board ? if there is a problem between coach and players that really is a problem after the last 6 weeks how could it work in 2015 near impossible one would think

Interesting you bring this up because it has been a topic of confusion amongst many supporters on this here forum. The first we heard of any issues with Toovey, was Weidler coming out and claiming that Toovey was told to offer Glenn a contract, but a board member intervened at the 11th hour and told him not to. How this constitutes any error on Toovey's part is mystifying to say the least; he is at the mercy of the board, like most coaches in the game.

Then there was an article concerning a meeting between Foran and Toovey, where issues were aired. Some supporters put 2 and 2 together, and came up with Foran not being able to stand Toovey, and even went as far as to tout Foran a bonafide Rooster or Bulldog. The fact of the matter is, Foran simply used Toovey as a soundboard for issues he had with "club" and "management" regarding Gifty's departure, Skivvy's release, and comments that Choc, and Foran himself, had made to the media. There was no evidence of Foran having it out with Toovey about a clash of personalities between coach and player.

There is ample evidence of something....have you watched him play the last month!Zero interest.Im sure Toovey is not the real problem because like a lot of young coaches he probably gets too close to the players but all is not right in the world of Kieran.

And as I said elsewhere, if he starts negotiating now he'll probably be gone BUT if he lets things settle a bit, says a final farewell to Gifty (and Watamouth) and then realises that he can stay and become an absolute Sea Eagles legend (and probably Captain) he may well have different thoughts.

Sadly people (life in general) make "emotional decisions" rather than letting the dust settle and thinking them through.

If its just about money he will probably be snapped up elsewhere, but if it's about building a legacy, maybe, just maybe he'll sort himself out and stay.

Tricky one if you are in the management shoes.Blind Freddy can see he is a very good player and almost essential to our long term hopes yet if they do re sign him and something he doesn't like happens again does this saga repeat itself....I would not like to be in Dave Perrys shoes. Damned if you do and damned if you don't if things don't play out perfectly.The best we can hope for is a quick resolution.

Mark from Brisbane said:
he can stay and become an absolute Sea Eagles legend (and probably Captain) he may well have different thoughts.

The way he "Foz" has spoken about the club in the media in the past couple of months. I don't think he's earned the right to be captain.
DCE should be given the captaincy. He's a role model and handles himself admirably.

The last thing we need at this club is a Robbie Farrah style prima donna. Some players need to have a long hard look at themselves in the off season.

susan said:
There is ample evidence of something....have you watched him play the last month!Zero interest.Im sure Toovey is not the real problem because like a lot of young coaches he probably gets too close to the players but all is not right in the world of Kieran.

Yep. Pure speculation, but it would appear to me that the Foz is weighing up an offer or two from rival clubs. Just his general demeanor and way he talks at certain times says to me he may be pondering over his future

Foran is coping it from many of you on this Forum but I don't think you can dispute he put in on the field against the Dirty Dogs. You only have to watch his impassioned plea to the ref who reversed his decision when the Reynolds kick struct him.

Moondog said:
The last thing we need at this club is a Robbie Farrah style prima donna. Some players need to have a long hard look at themselves in the off season.

well we appear to have about 4-5 of them at present...if ALL that's reported is correct.

The mind boggles when you consider that the one player that cares the least about the Glenn Stewart saga, is Glenn himself.

Lord Eagleton said:
susan said:

Yep. Pure speculation, but it would appear to me that the Foz is weighing up an offer or two from rival clubs. Just his general demeanor and way he talks at certain times says to me he may be pondering over his future

He shouldn't be worrying out his 2016 contract now as he is under contract with us next year and I would have more chance of winning the lottery than the club releasing him next year

susan said:
Was hardly sighted all night

Unless if you're OK with kicking the ball out on the full on numerous occasions.

I like them both and I like them both to stay, but may not be possible due to asking price.

Question is, who's better respected and thought to be the players' player throughout the season?

tookey said:
Lord Eagleton said:
susan said:

He shouldn't be worrying out his 2016 contract now as he is under contract with us next year and I would have more chance of winning the lottery than the club releasing him next year

Unless he get's his head together he is a waste of cap space for next year. Even worse if he and DCE don't commit to new deals in the off season next year could be a long season with all the speculation.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6