2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

krusty

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I know this. Humphreys was chased after by clubs. He was elite in his class (rugby league). Walsh couldn't make it at The Chooks, and ended up reverting back to local club footy in Union.

Sorry 47, I absolutely loved Humphreys, and in my eyes, he was the one glowing light for me. I'm gutted about it. Admittedly, that make me a little biased or one eyed and cynical here.

No crystal ball needed. Just stating what's happened..

Inside knowledge wise. Sometimes. Sometimes not. Either way, definitely don't share here any longer. Been smashed by y'all way too often.
Ryan did you watch the pre season trials this year when Humphreys played? He was solid but not a stand out. Brooks and Brown were clearly a class above. Not saying Humphreys isn’t going to be good but I haven’t seen any compelling evidence so far.Would be interested to know what you actually saw that the Manly group haven’t seen.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ryan did you watch the pre season trials this year when Humphreys played? He was solid but not a stand out. Brooks and Brown were clearly a class above. Not saying Humphreys isn’t going to be good but I haven’t seen any compelling evidence so far.Would be interested to know what you actually saw that the Manly group haven’t seen.
I've seen him play possibly 20 odd times give or take (mostly live). Seem him on tele maybe 2-3 times. That said, he's gone, and who's here is here.

I'm going to stop banging on, now.....I feel physically and emotionally drained.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Hopefully that's the case. After failing with The Chooks, and going back to Union, he must have been making SOME noises for Manly to be chasing him (at the very least). If other clubs were chasing him, beautiful, but that doesn't discount his past.

I'm sorry, I just can't get as excited by this as other people. For people to claim he's DCE's understudy is HUGE pressure, particularly for someone that didn't make it in this sport first time round.
Where is your didnt make it narrative based on?

He was playing Juniors with the Roosters which only last the early part of the season then rugby with his school after.

He was Junior Blues camps in league and Junior Wallabies in Rugby.

Now I'm not saying he is a star or anything as I've not seen him play but but to say he failed at the Roosters and didnt make it in league is a misrepresentation.

I think your passion for Humphrey's is swaying you in this conversation.

Ryan

Journey Man
Where is your didnt make it narrative based on?

He was playing Juniors with the Roosters which only last the early part of the season then rugby with his school after.

He was Junior Blues camps in league and Junior Wallabies in Rugby.

Now I'm not saying he is a star or anything as I've not seen him play but but to say he failed at the Roosters and didnt make it in league is a misrepresentation.

I think your passion for Humphrey's is swaying you in this conversation.
Fair enough, you're probably right and I'm probably wrong bud. Same as everything probably.

krusty

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Funny, does anyone notice the ONLY outlet advertising this amazing ARU convert is the official Manly media?

At the same time, guess what JUST came out:
There are those on here who bag us for recruiting from the Tigers as they are a bottom team. Now we are in awe of other clubs signing players from the Wallabies?????? Probably Australia's worst sporting team of the last 10 years!!! I give up!

Ryan

Journey Man
There are those on here who bag us for recruiting from the Tigers as they are a bottom team. Now we are in awe of other clubs signing players from the Wallabies?????? Probably Australia's worst sporting team of the last 10 years!!! I give up!
Sorry mate, I shouldn't have posted that.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think the reported 700K the Titans outplayed for Carter Gordon is a risk, his defence in the 15 man game is not the best, let alone being targeted week in week out in the 13 man game.

Walsh has youth on his side and having played league could convert easier than Gordon.

Looking forward to see how Walsh goes and hoping he smashes it and forces DCE to hooker 😂😂

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sorry mate, I shouldn't have posted that.
Keep posting as you have, @Ryan. Just because you have a different perspective from others does not invalidate your views. For example, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on the Walsh signing. However, that doesn't mean my perspective is more valid than yours. Just do you, mate, and don't take this site so bloody seriously.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Fair enough, you're probably right and I'm probably wrong bud. Same as everything probably.

Hey I ain't proclaiming him the messiah, but he seems to be on rep selectors radars.

And regardless of the PR spin (and I agree the timing is funny) the fact he has a 3 year top 30 deal shows the club have plenty of faith.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I know this. Humphreys was chased after by clubs. He was elite in his class (rugby league). Walsh couldn't make it at The Chooks, and ended up reverting back to local club footy in Union.

Sorry 47, I absolutely loved Humphreys, and in my eyes, he was the one glowing light for me. I'm gutted about it. Admittedly, that make me a little biased or one eyed and cynical here.

No crystal ball needed. Just stating what's happened..

Inside knowledge wise. Sometimes. Sometimes not. Either way, definitely don't share here any longer. Been smashed by y'all way too often.
How elite was he exactly? He hasn’t played first grade yet, so not that elite.

Your previous post said “Manly were filthy about it. They let him slip through their fingers. He wasn't left out by Siebold for ****s and giggles, put it that way.”

I’m interested in knowing how you are privy to the above?

Ryan

Journey Man
How elite was he exactly? He hasn’t played first grade yet, so not that elite.

Your previous post said “Manly were filthy about it. They let him slip through their fingers. He wasn't left out by Siebold for ****s and giggles, put it that way.”

I’m interested in knowing how you are privy to the above?
Hypothesis based upon his emission from the Bunnies game and Siebold's comments after. Like I say, I could be wrong man, about everything okay.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Hypothesis based upon his emission from the Bunnies game and Siebold's comments after. Like I say, I could be wrong man, about everything okay.
You implied in your post you know something.

You often do that.

Now you’re saying your claims are based purely on your own opinion?

Cool, now I know not to take you seriously.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hey I ain't proclaiming him the messiah, but he seems to be on rep selectors radars.

And regardless of the PR spin (and I agree the timing is funny) the fact he has a 3 year top 30 deal shows the club have plenty of faith.
I hope so Disco mate. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Ryan

Journey Man
You implied in your post you know something.

You often do that.

Now you’re saying your claims are based purely on your own opinion?

Cool, now I know not to take you seriously.
Sorry 47. Did you take me seriously previously ? I honestly think you'd take glee in watching me dissolve in a vat of acid to be fair.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Not having a go at anyone,but not sure he failed or was unwanted.
He helped take their Matt's side to second place as their 5/8 and was in the junior blues squad in 2022,he was still in their Matt's squad in 2023 but had a knee injury,coincidently their Matt's side was a failure in 2023.
He is then named captain of the U18 Wallabies side at flyhalf this year.
I have no idea why he did not play at the Roosters this year,he is a kid,maybe he decided to focus more on union(there is a big commitment to playing 2 elite sports),maybe the Roosters told him to chose one and he chose to focus on rugby and play closer to home on the northern beaches and it paid off for him.
Next year (and for the next 3) he has chosen to focus on league and bypass rugby(just like Koula and Weekes did)
We have a guy in Flegg(Carsen Patu) who did the same,was playing both but initially focussed on union,made the schoolboys side,but now wants to focus on league and has had a barnstorming year in our Flegg side.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Sorry 47. Did you take me seriously previously ? I honestly think you'd take glee in watching me dissolve in a vat of acid to be fair.
Nah mate,you are just passionate about the club,you are probably a teensy weensy bit bipolar at times lol but your opinion is as valid as anyone's .
There is no guarantee he will be a success,a lot of talented juniors don't make it,you may end up being right.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 7 8 -47 18