Membership (and passion) a discussion..and memes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Our Legendary Club would like to remind us all that
Club Member Supporters and Club Success go hand in hand

Let us all Embrace the Manly Sea eagles and the Greatest club of all with a club membership

Great things Indeed are made Possible by Great people

Become one of the Great cub membership supporters and Bring Your Greatness to our Club

1639706337179.png

I thought Uncle Sam had joined Silvertails when I read the title Bozo. :wait:

Do love your enthusiasm and you can count me in Champ ! :happy:

I just can't fathom why, when we have experienced so many great years and so few lean ones, that we struggle to crack 10,000 members.

If the Squeels can have a membership base of 25K +, how many should a great club like ours have ? Even considering the decrepit state of our facilities.

I thought Uncle Sam had joined Silvertails when I read the title Bozo. :wait:

Do love your enthusiasm and you can count me in Champ ! :happy:
Uncle Sam is not Calling but our Great owner Uncle Penn is

He is calling to all who have ears that hear

He is calling to all who have eyes that see

He is calling to all those that have a heart of passion that feel the Great Manly spirit

And the Great Manly Sprit that bears fruit and enriches our legendary club are all the Great loyal and passionate club members like your good self feathered friend @maxta

1641556149414.png

Last edited:
I just can't fathom why, when we have experienced so many great years and so few lean ones, that we struggle to crack 10,000 members.

If the Squeels can have a membership base of 25K +, how many should a great club like ours have ? Even considering the decrepit state of our facilities.

The 30K Eels club members have endured decades of humiliation . A record 14 wooden spoons
1947, 1952, 1954, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1970, 1972, 2012, 2013, 2018

Their blue and gold club colours have been lowered to the bottom of the competition table and their club disgraced 14 times .

The eels have not won a comp for the 36 years

Some of you talk about facilities ?
Which one of you Manly People would swap our proud and untarnished History and jump ship and sit in one of the wooden spoon infested seats at Parramatta stadium ?

It is indeed hard to fathom why all those suffering and humiliated eels supporters lead the NRL
in club membership

But the fact is Passion does make all things possible and it is a tribute to all the long suffering eels fans for leading the NRL club membership and it is a quality that us Manly people that should aspire

1641556322526.png

Last edited:
I get the $75 pack every year on auto renew. Only manage to get to a game on the Gold Coast (and what a game it was last year), but that doesn’t matter, the membership does. It always worries me that we become ripe for the picking if teams are culled from Sydney due to our poor membership figures.

I get the $75 pack every year on auto renew. Only manage to get to a game on the Gold Coast (and what a game it was last year), but that doesn’t matter, the membership does. It always worries me that we become ripe for the picking if teams are culled from Sydney due to our poor membership figures.
Congratulations @Class of 96 . You have demonstrated that you are a very Classy Manly supporter and Great Club Member . Thank you for being one of the Great ones that are making our club Great :h:

There is a Club membership that suits every passionate Manly fans budget .
Just go to our website and suit your selves

All members get discounts on Merchandise and game events All year round

It is a very proud and overwhelming feeling becoming an official club member and being part of all the great Manly People and our Legendary clubs Proud History

Becoming a Club Member and belonging to the Greatest club of all is Priceless

1641702713115.png

Get up and rise to 2022 Manly fans

Raise your glasses

Raise your standards

and stand tall and proud with a Manly Club Membership !

1641703407782.png

Myself and my 2 year old son are members each year.
My second born son was born on Wednesday, and was already a member by the end of the day.
Wishing you and your extended Sea eagle family a safe , healthy , happy and prosperous 2022 feathered friend .

One of the world's great wonders... 196k on facebook and struggle to get 5% converted to members
The 5% passionate Manly souls and club members like your good self @Frogz

Are the Hope and Inspiration of the next Manly Generation of supporters

This is a great and true quote by Anne Wojcicki that represents the 5 % Passionate ones

THE REALITY IS THAT THE ONLY WAY CHANGE COMES IS WHEN YOU LEAD BY EXAMPLE

1641725101281.png

We can all make a difference .

The Best way to Predict the future is to create it

Our Legendary clubs future is in our own hands

1641725284745.png

Based on membership numbers and sports as business, Manly leaves itself open to be relocated to a demographic substantial enough to care (or dissolved completely). It's hard for those who do care that we stay based where we are, but more and more irrelevant as professional sport grows beyond city tribalism of past. It's unfortunate that we do not have a local narrative compelling enough to draw compelling numbers of supporters, but then again, physical bums on seats is perhaps less relevant in this era. We just have to hope that the old narrative around "hated silvertails" is enough to continue appealing to TV audiences moving forward and/or we continue producing freakish players and entertaining play. The NRL's inability to be truly professional also helps our cause.

Based on membership numbers and sports as business, Manly leaves itself open to be relocated to a demographic substantial enough to care (or dissolved completely). It's hard for those who do care that we stay based where we are, but more and more irrelevant as professional sport grows beyond city tribalism of past. It's unfortunate that we do not have a local narrative compelling enough to draw compelling numbers of supporters, but then again, physical bums on seats is perhaps less relevant in this era. We just have to hope that the old narrative around "hated silvertails" is enough to continue appealing to TV audiences moving forward and/or we continue producing freakish players and entertaining play. The NRL's inability to be truly professional also helps our cause.
Being the only N R L franchise on the Sydney northern region and the assured club allocation of funds should enable or ensure a long term Manly presence on the northern beaches but obviously also can not underestimate the importance of a respectable club membership level . The Black Town link and junior pathways systems with a significant western Sydney connection can only help matters if continued and much improved home ground facilities and features should or will definitely be a benefit as well . Unless the Bears are very , very unlikely to be resurrected with a part base in the north Sydney area , can "t see why Manly will have any issues being or having an indefinite presence where they are currently based .

We can all make a difference .

The Best way to Predict the future is to create it

Our Legendary clubs future is in our own hands

1641725284745.png

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4